• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Catastrophe

134 posts in this topic

I bought a CGC graded comic on EBay and just got it in the mail. It was shipped in a brown cardboard envelope and was demolished by the post office. A corner is cracked off and it the two bottom corners are open. I contacted the EBay seller. How should I go about dealing with this?

Is the book damaged? If just the slab I damaged and you still want to keep the book, send the seller pics and kindly ask for re Slabbing and shipping fees so you can send to CGC. I think Slabbing fees are $13 per book. Shipping and insurance to and from should be about $30 USPS round trip.. So $43..did you pay $80? Seller might not want to send you half that amount even if they packed poorly. If so, just request full refund. Wolverine 1s can be had in any grade any day of the week :)

Is the book damaged? If just the slab I damaged and you still want to keep the book, send the seller pics and kindly ask for re Slabbing and shipping fees so you can send to CGC. I think Slabbing fees are $13 per book. Shipping and insurance to and from should be about $30 USPS round trip.. So $43..did you pay $80? Seller might not want to send you half that amount even if they packed poorly. If so, just request full refund. Wolverine 1s can be had in any grade any day of the week :)

+1 Wiser words have never been spoken... (worship)

How much did you pay for shipping is my question. I don't think a slab can be properly shipped for anything under $10. I usually use a priority flat rate box which is $12 ... but hey, they get there undamaged

I bought a CGC graded comic on EBay and just got it in the mail. It was shipped in a brown cardboard envelope and was demolished by the post office. A corner is cracked off and it the two bottom corners are open. I contacted the EBay seller. How should I go about dealing with this?

Step One: Buy a dictionary and turn to the "C" section.

Step Two: Read the definition of the word 'catastrophe."

Step Three: Thank your deity that there has been no catastrophe.

Step Four: Slug yourself in the nuts with a length of heavy rope.

That's true. A real catastrophe would have been if the OP opened up the package, discovered his cracked slab, and then 10,000 fire ants poured out of the package while he simultaneously spilled an entire jar of honey over his nether regions which were exposed from him just getting out of the shower.

:ohnoez:

How much did you pay for shipping is my question. I don't think a slab can be properly shipped for anything under $10. I usually use a priority flat rate box which is $12 ... but hey, they get there undamaged

Depends on how far it's going. I can ship a slab, bubble wrapped and priority boxed very well for $7-9 to a pretty good portion of the US.

6938251180_634135d548.jpg