• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IT'S MY RANT, so I'll Rant if I want to!

19 posts in this topic

When one posts on these boards, and they are a comic book dealer, what guide lines would you like to see them follow?

My guide lines would be:

1) If you want to sell/talk about new aqquisitions, go to the Market Forum!

2) If you don't speak-up when board members speak your praise, don't complain when they turn and talk trash about you. No F-Bomb PM's!

3) Don't use the boards to leave subtile negative comments about other dealers.

The forums are for having fun & discussing comics! Am I wrong?

What do you think? Personnaly, I welcome All to the boards, as long as they're here to contribute! sign-rantpost.gifpopcorn.gif Any thoughts? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

When one posts on these boards, and they are a comic book dealer, what guide lines would you like to see them follow?

My guide lines would be:

1) If you want to sell/talk about new aqquisitions, go to the Market Forum!

2) If you don't speak-up when board members speak your praise, don't complain when they turn and talk trash about you. No F-Bomb PM's!

3) Don't use the boards to leave subtile negative comments about other dealers.

The forums are for having fun & discussing comics! Am I wrong?

What do you think? Personnaly, I welcome All to the boards, as long as they're here to contribute! sign-rantpost.gifpopcorn.gif Any thoughts? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

What's your point, that Fischler didn't contribute in his recent postings? Sorry, but I think he did contribute and got some good discussion going. Perhaps he had some ulterior motive or hidden agenda in posting what he did, which was explored by a few board members, including myself, but I don't think that detracts from the value of his contribution.

To be honest, the only one of your guidelines that I fully agree with is #2. These boards are about free discussion, and ya gotta be able to gets as good as ya gives.

I sort of agree with #1. If a dealer (or anyone) is just posting on a non-marketplace forum to do nothing than promote a sale, then you're absolutely right. But if they want to come on and talk about some acquisitions, more power to them. That's the kind of news I like to read about on these boards. I mean, Burntboy is clearly in sales mode, so are you saying that his coming on here and providing the history of his collection and sharing scans with us, both of which I think are really cool (even if he is intentionally or unintentionally using these boards to create a little interest when he sells), should be restricted to the Marketplace?

As for #3, couldn't disagree with you more. People come on here and slam dealers all the time. Nothing wrong with that as long as it's based on fact/actual experience and not just innuendo and hearsay. After all, one purpose of these boards is for the many to benefit from the experiences (positive or negative) of a few. Why should a dealer have to observe a different rule of conduct? In fact, it's often more interesting and enlightening when dealers slam each other! I guess it's the voyeur in me... cool.gif

Thanks agian, tth2!

My main point here is the USE of these boards. IMHO they should be to educate & inform. My main concern is that they NOT be used as a means of free advertising, self-promotion or slamming other dealers, directly or indirectly, as a means to shift the market. We all buy books and post away about them, that's cool! We have a dealing that goes sour, we vent! That's cool too! We all change the subject and talk about Greggy's shorts,...That's just plain wierd! 27_laughing.gif

It's more about keeping the forums free of outside influence/advertising that I'm considering. Is that so wrong to want? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I really like having the dealers on the boards. They have helped coin such trendy industry terms and phrases such as "grading masturbation" and "the wheels are in motion." 893applaud-thumb.gif

I'm sorry, I missed the former phrase. Care to elaborate? I don't care to buy from a dealer who uses both words in the same sentence.confused-smiley-013.gif And didn't the latter phrase technically come from a fellow forumite?

I really like having the dealers on the boards. They have helped coin such trendy industry terms and phrases such as "grading masturbation" and "the wheels are in motion." 893applaud-thumb.gif

I'm sorry, I missed the former phrase. Care to elaborate? I don't care to buy from a dealer who uses both words in the same sentence.confused-smiley-013.gif And didn't the latter phrase technically come from a fellow forumite?

This is the forum at it's best! thumbsup2.gif Let's build a pyramid and wait for J.C. to come around and shake it down! 27_laughing.gif You guys are the best! 893applaud-thumb.gif

This is the forum at it's best! thumbsup2.gif Let's build a pyramid and wait for J.C. to come around and shake it down! 27_laughing.gif You guys are the best! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Norman ,Norman you've been drinking again, name(that series)

feeling goood!!!!! thumbsup2.gif

Norm! Norm! How's it going Norm.

It's a dog eat dog world Sammy. And I'm wearing milk bone under wear. Just put it on my tab.

It's a dog eat dog world world Sammy. And I'm wearing milk bone under wear. Just put it on my tab.

27_laughing.gifmakepoint.gifstooges.gif893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

It's a dog eat dog world Sammy. And I'm wearing milk bone under wear. Just put it on my tab.

Hey Norm, how's life treating you?

Like I slept with his wife, Sammy.......... blush.gif

Brain! I thought you promised not to emoticon us to death! 893naughty-thumb.gifinsane.gif

You're slipping!

red,you can read about the whole story in" IN 4 Day's.....The Count Down Thread."

all I never said was i would use no Graemlins before their time, well IT'S TIME!

Brain! I thought you promised not to emoticon us to death! 893naughty-thumb.gifinsane.gif

You're slipping!

red,you can read about the whole story in" IN 4 Day's.....The Count Down Thread."

all I never said was i would use no Graemlins before their time, well IT'S TIME!

But why is it time to use them? confused.gif

You're slipping!

But why is it time to use them? confused.gif

I think it has something to do with grading masturbation.

Hey Norm, how's life treating you?

Like I slept with his wife, Sammy.......... blush.gif

"What's going on, Mr. Peterson?"

"The question is what's going *in* Mr. Peterson. A beer please, Woody. "

Somewhere in the Silver Age forum Blazing Bob coined that phrase... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif