• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gone to ebay Flying Cadet 1-9 1943 Also August Schomburg Pulp Run 8 Issues

6 posts in this topic

dscn4492_zps9df62a92.jpg[/img]

Here is a run of #1 through #9 of Flying Cadet comic from 1943 with war art by Saturday Evening Post artist Leo Meinrad Mayer. Listed in Gerber's Photo-Journal. $200.

Also, I have 8 consecutive 1943 "Flying Aces" pulps, 1943, with airbrushed painted covers by August Schomburg. Alex's brother. $200.

dscn4493_zpsf695dba5.jpg[/img]

Let me know right away if you are interested. Best, David S. Albright

Thanks for the suggestion. I can take a check if you have references or decent ebay feedback. Paypal is accepted, too. Shipping would be actual cost, either media or Priority, paid by buyer. These are original owner copies from my father-in-law (85 years old tomorrow!) and I am happy to answer questions, but I need to move these so contact me right away if you are at all interested. As I look at them again, the Flying Cadet #1 has a dogear bottom right which is why I put a sleeve on it. #3 through #9 are nice color with just minor flaws, I would say very good plus or better, #2 has writing inside the cover from a tracing which has caused an imprint to the outer cover (not bad). The first #6 (there are two number sixes, September and October) has a vertical subscription crease. So #1,2,6 VG and the rest VG+ to about FINE.

Looking again at the August Schomburg books, the lot is comprised of April to November complete run, each is a painted cover signed in the art. Condition is modest spine wear, nice color, flat and clean, no writing. I see a scuff on the cover of September, call that a G+, easy VG or better on all the rest. I suspect I will probably have to sell these one at a time to get full value, but it is such a nice run I thought I would offer it to you right now as a lot.

The Flying Aces being #1-#9 original owner I will probably not break up, but who knows?

Hope this helps! Best, David