• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-Play on G4?

40 posts in this topic

They're running a commercial spot that they are going to air the final episode of X-Play.

So what is G4 going to change the lineup to nothing but Quantum Leap, Night Rider and Ninja Warrior?

I know they've been slowly moving away from being about gaming, which is why I hardly ever watch the channel anymore. Now they're getting rid of the last shred of gaming from the programming?

I want my OLD G4 back! :facepalm:

They're running a commercial spot that they are going to air the final episode of X-Play.

So what is G4 going to change the lineup to nothing but Quantum Leap, Night Rider and Ninja Warrior?

I know they've been slowly moving away from being about gaming, which is why I hardly ever watch the channel anymore. Now they're getting rid of the last shred of gaming from the programming?

Attack of the Show has been cancelled as well.

Attack of the Show has been cancelled as well.

:cry:

Isn't G4 becoming Esquire TV or something?

Isn't G4 becoming Esquire TV or something?

Some article mentioned "G4Men" or something like that...could be Esquire TV when they are done. They are abandoning their love affair with all things geek.

I'm at a loss for words.

I need to be alone for a while. :facepalm:

Here's something to get you by.... Sara <3

:(

G4 was such a great channel when ALL that it was, was video games. I used to watched Judgement Day (and Electric Playground) with Victor Lucas and Tommy Tallarico religiously.

along with cheat, aots, and xplay with all the skits...g4 hasnt been the same for awhile. felt like it went downhill after cops and ninja warrior was installed, they arent bad shows but g4 just started to go away from gaming.

along with cheat, aots, and xplay with all the skits...g4 hasnt been the same for awhile. felt like it went downhill after cops and ninja warrior was installed, they arent bad shows but g4 just started to go away from gaming.

I really enjoyed the channel when it was ZDTV and then TechTV. And even as G4 it still maintained its nerd/gamer roots, just more console focused and international in scope.

With Esquire taking over will there be any channel serving the techie/nerd/gamer market?

I really enjoyed the channel when it was ZDTV and then TechTV. And even as G4 it still maintained its nerd/gamer roots. Just more console focused and international in scope.

With Esquire taking over will there be any channel serving the techie/nerd/gamer market?

Seems like a big market to be neglected.

Why is it that every specialty network channel has to drift away from what it was founded on?

Even the History channel has very little history on it anymore. It's just reality shows like Ice Road Truckers and Axe Men.

I'm all but ready to have my cable disconnected for good.

I really enjoyed the channel when it was ZDTV and then TechTV. And even as G4 it still maintained its nerd/gamer roots. Just more console focused and international in scope.

Why is it that every specialty network channel has to drift away from what it was founded on?

Even the History channel has very little history on it anymore. It's just reality shows like Ice Road Truckers and Axe Men.

Couldn't agree more. The History Channel used to be a favorite, but its content now is that bad-combo of repetitive and boring. :(

And I think Cable's days are numbered. Too many 'streaming' alternatives coming down the pike...

Intel’s Set Top Box

"Intel is introducing its own set-top box and TV service in an effort to get its chips into our living rooms (after missing the boat on getting their chips into our pockets), according to Techcrunch. The proposed service would theoretically allow consumers to pick what channels they’d like to subscribe to versus paying $80 for 200 channels you never watch -- which sounds great, but we’ll believe it when we see it."

Couldn't agree more. The History Channel used to be a favorite, but its content now is that bad-combo of repetitive and boring. :(

And I think Cable's days are numbered. Too many 'streaming' alternatives coming down the pike...

Intel’s Set Top Box

"Intel is introducing its own set-top box and TV service in an effort to get its chips into our living rooms (after missing the boat on getting their chips into our pockets), according to Techcrunch. The proposed service would theoretically allow consumers to pick what channels they’d like to subscribe to versus paying $80 for 200 channels you never watch -- which sounds great, but we’ll believe it when we see it."

I've been saying for years that I'd pay $50 a month for 10 channels if I could pick those channels.

Aside from sports, I probably don't watch but 3 channels, and given format shifts through the years, I'm on the verge of being ready to give those up.