• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Unknown Chinese Comic Book - Anyone?

27 posts in this topic

http://www.cosco.com/en/knowledgebase/detail.jsp?docId=1577

Lu Zuofu, Chinese ship king

Lu Zuofu was born on April 14th, 1893, in Hechuan of Chongqing. He had participated in Tung Meng Hui led by Sun Zhongshan. After the Revolution of 1911, he advocated "rescue of the nation by education", and had been reporter and editor of Qunbao News, editor-in-chief and director of Chuanbao Newspaper. He carried out folk education and new education experiment in Luzhou, and thereafter he established folk education school in Chengdu.

In 1925, Lu Zuofu, together with 12 people like Chen Bozun, etc. bought a 70-ton water cargo boat, which was named "Minsheng". On June 10th, of the following year, "Minsheng Industrial Stockholding Co., Ltd" was formally established in Chongqing, and Lu Zuofu was elected as General Manager. It was from there that began his career as the ship king in the rivers of Sichuan. In only 10 years, in the hands of Lu Zuofu, Minsheng Corporation became China's biggest private steamboat corporation with 48 boats and a total tonnage of 19,137 tons.

In June, 1950, he attended the second session of the 1st National Political Consultative Committee as special delegate; in October, he was appointed a member of Southwest Military and Political Committee. On Feb 8th, 1952, Lu Zuofu died in Chongqing.

the one with boat cover should translate:

a tale of spilling blood on boat

back cover is the name of the company, their phone number and all the books they published and price.

the book is made in HongKong. 

the publisher and artist is long gone. Googled , nothing. 

the price for your book is 0.60 back then, today avrage of new book is price at 20-40.  if you post some other page, there maybe the year some where.

the print is not in simplfier chinese, that's what they use in hongkong.

:applause:

Its from "The Won-Ton Incident" Restaurant.

The menu is on the back.

We have a couple in Footscray, here in Melbourne.

They are only aged-looking and are for customers to read whilst waiting for their take-away.

Honest.

I’m not disparaging you at all Andy but I think you could possibly be wrong.

I had not showed the back of this book to my Chinese friend but I just did and she said it is an advertisement from the company (Asia Press Limited) that printed the book. The back cover is a list of the other books available and their associated prices.

I was going to post that that was a list of other books available for purchase as well. I had to stop and re-read what it said after Andy70's restaurant comment. I don't see hot and sour soup anywhere on there. lol