• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Canadian National Comic Book Expo....who's going?

69 posts in this topic

How much is admission? I plan on going north for the weekend, but wouldn't mind checking it out tomorrow night. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Basic day pass is 20 cdn i think. Hope it's decent this year.

I'm not wasting my money this year.

If I don't head up to the lake....I'll probably go by tomorrow. There's a bunch of cheap Byrne books that I still need. hi.gif

How much is admission? I plan on going north for the weekend, but wouldn't mind checking it out tomorrow night. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

If I don't head up to the lake....I'll probably go by tomorrow. There's a bunch of cheap Byrne books that I still need. hi.gif

Hey beyonder, other than any and all Byrne books, what the hell else do you collect? confused-smiley-013.gif

Hey beyonder, other than any and all Byrne books, what the hell else do you collect? confused-smiley-013.gif

I still collect ASM, and need to fill some holes in my Miller DDs.

I'm pretty focused on Byrne right now...and have been buying multiples of some of my faves. cool.gif

So tell me Kevin, were you kidding before about paradise comics not going to the show? I hope you were, because you guys usually have the best stuff around. cool.gif

Oh, oh, can I tell him??? angel.gif

Ok, now this is getting annoying. Alex, beyonder, kevin, peter, mitol.....would somebody please tell me what major catastrophic incident occured to make you guys bail from the show? With the amount of money me and my brother have spent at paradise over the last decade, i think i have a right to know. 893frustrated.gif

In a nutshell it is because we are doing the Toronto Comicon 3-day show.

Specific reason for the "official" banning by Hobby Star is because Peter called the Metro Convention Centre last December to inquire about pricing and availibility of space at that site.

So, we didn't bail on the Expo.

I think others would have considered doing it, but my personal feeling was that as soon as they announced one-day shows with the same name (and guests) as our show to confuse potential attendees, and started booking anime and sci-fi cons on the same weekends that we could not in good faith support them in any way.

So we were already planning on not supporting it anyway. They just made the decision for us.

Plus, they really don't like me.

Thankyou for the explanation kevin. I appreciate it...and kudos to you guys for sticking up to them. You guys have always been, as far as i'm concerned, the best comic shop in t.o. hands down. I can, however tell you, that i attend pretty much every con that you guys put out, and i honestly find yours much better...quality and atmosphere both. But until you guys can provide the same amount of dealers with a larger variety of material, which i'm sure you will one day,i'm not going to boycott them. Their selfish and bullying attitudes towards smaller companies in an interdependant industry is appaling, but at the moment they're my one big opportunity to finishing my collection. I'm sorry you won't be attending but i promise to have a moment of silence for you guys while i'm there in your honour. cool.gif