• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Estimate a grade on this swampy 5 please...

8 posts in this topic

Most of you have probly seen the smaller scan I had in the general section and the more I look at this book the more impressed I am with the condition. It very well may be the first book I send into CGC for grading. In any event, would appreciate your estimates on the condition before I decide to submit it.

Few notes:

The sticker is on the mylar not the book

The 2 white ticks near the top staple are not stress marks. I have examined the damn thing until my eyes blear over and they seem to be places where the ink didnt lay down in the color process.

Thanks for your attn fellars.

swampyhires.JPG

HOLY MISWRAP!!!

893whatthe.gif

That is one funky looking spine.

Is the top portion of the black ink spine line really mis inked that badly?, or is that scanner related?

Are the color scuff's below the word "THING" from wear? .. or bad printing ?

URC looks to be rounded.. and the LLC has that tiny spine crease, but otherwise the book appears solid, and could fetch a 9.4

I personally dont think any book that has a few small flaws, and is this badly miswraped should get a 9.4.

Or at the least.. I would not pay multiples for a comic that is miswraped like this one is.

Still, you do have a great comic thumbsup2.gif, let us know what grade you get if you do indeed send it in.

Z

Thanks for the input guys. I think I will be submitting this based on your feedback (crosses fingers for a 9.6).

the same day I bought the book I had earlier been on the metropolis gallery and noticed a miswrap of similiar severity that had graded at 9.6. Definitely had that on my mind when I picked up the comic.

Thanks for the input guys. I think I will be submitting this based on your feedback (crosses fingers for a 9.6).

the same day I bought the book I had earlier been on the metropolis gallery and noticed a miswrap of similiar severity that had graded at 9.6. Definitely had that on my mind when I picked up the comic.

Getting a 9.6 will be tough with that spine stress that is about 1/4 inch from the bottom. The miswrap won't affect the grade though. I just sold a Special Marvel Edition #15 CGC 9.4 with a miswrap that was just as bad as the one on your Swampy #5.

If the upper corner is blunted/rounded, then it's possible but not likely that you'll get a 9.4. 9.2 is more likely. But if that's just a slight curl to the corner with no color loss, then a 9.4 is the likely grade.