• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

R I P D

204 posts in this topic

What I've noticed over the past 6 months:

People who bought Bedlam vs people who didn't buy Bedlam

Larry hypes whatever book has a Phantom variant and hates whatever book turned him down

Jimmy goes back and forth, but hypes whatever title his PT job overstocked on between his it's better high posts

Larry hypes whatever book has a Phantom variant and hates whatever book turned him down

Sure, I promote Phantom books. Why wouldn't I? It's my program.

I developed it. I'm proud of it. I promote it.

But Please, enlighten me with "hates whatever book turned him down"

Where?

When?

Proof please.

Even an iota of proof would be nice.

( posting on a message board under the anonymous moniker "Taco" must be fun, you can just make mess up )

IT will be interesting to see if this movie flop will deter or slow down the process of Hollywood to adapt comics into movies.

I haven't seen the movie or read the books. Any good? Was it acting, -script or combination of both that contributed to the move flop?

IT will be interesting to see if this movie flop will deter or slow down the process of Hollywood to adapt comics into movies.

Never under-estimate the ability of Hollywood to continue to make bad movies. "They" know every movie is not going to be a hit and hedge their bets on multiple projects... some winners and some losers. The same is true for mutual funds, car dealers, retailers, and... you name it.

Hollywood is just like the stock market, the commodities market, and the comic market. It's really ALL a dice roll. Timing is important. Quality is important. But good quality with bad timing OR bad quality with good timing makes for a FLOP. Many of us here can agree that there are great series out there that are under appreciated, under the radar, and should be talked about more frequently.