• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Super KIRBY Splash from 1958 on eBay!!!

12 posts in this topic

It's Harvey not DC or Marvel, and it's pre-Silver Age. But it is a cool splash.

"...Silver Age is considered to cover the period from 1956 to circa 1970."

It IS Silver Age (57/58) and crazy Sci-fi Kirby - Marvel or not, I'd LOVE to have it ; )

It's Harvey not DC or Marvel, and it's pre-Silver Age. But it is a cool splash.

"...Silver Age is considered to cover the period from 1956 to circa 1970."

It IS Silver Age (57/58) and crazy Sci-fi Kirby - Marvel or not, I'd LOVE to have it ; )

Excellent splash - who cares if it's non-Marvel or DC. Judge the artwork on its own merits, not the brand name. (shrug)

I'll be honest I can see the appeal for some but this piece would not be for me... I find it sparse and cluttered at the same time. That being said its certainly cool subject matter.

As to what it will fetch I havent a clue.... but Id probably look at he boys ranch splash that closed on heritage recently and tack a healthy premium onto that as a guess

IMO I'd prefer it over the OMAC splash. It was oversized I think, and a more interesting image.

Congrats to the winner and seller!

Both pages went a bit low, I suspect because both pages had some little artistic problems. When they first posted I was trying to figure out how I could possibly go after both of them, but after looking at them for a while I realized that I wouldn't be happy with either. Both have terrific content.

what was your issue with the omac? (just curious). I agree re the alarming tales splash, I wouldn't have been happy with it either although the price was definitely reasonable.

what was your issue with the omac? (just curious). I agree re the alarming tales splash, I wouldn't have been happy with it either although the price was definitely reasonable.

Actually I'll be curious to see if anyone else had this response: the old lady's chin bothered me on the Omac. I felt that it tugged too hard on the left of the composition and wasn't quite nicely drawn.