• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I am so disgusted I won't turn this in...

356 posts in this topic

this is unbelievable. CAL and Khoas are apparently sleeping off their all-nigher ,

and Redhook setles the joint with an exceptionately rational sumup..

and now we got a dustup in the hall by two bystanders!!!

what are they putting in the water over in the cooler these days??

this is unbelievable. CAL and Khoas are apparently sleeping off their all-nigher ,

It's the official Rant Thread. Ah well, it'll save the Mods the trouble of having to search.

I read about 15 pages of Cal getting piled on, I skipped the last few pages expecting more of the same, that must have been where they made up. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

You shouldn't reply to any posts at all.

This place wouldnt be the same without you to argue with deathlok.

cloud9.gif

This place would be the same if not better if you were not around.

'Hook, I just want to say a few things and then I'll be done with it. I promise.

I know what Cal is now. I had NEVER paid him ANY real attention before yesterday, but in light of his comments, I'll be staying far, FAR away from any auctions (or anything else) with which he is associated.

I want you all to think for a moment about this:

Cal makes an off-hand remark about the voluminous number of emails he receives each day asking him to shill auctions for various "random" eBayers:

Here is the scoop: I get eMails/calls every day - "Hey CAL please bid this one up - bid that one up - " and they even give me a Dollar amount. Many eBayers know that I bid a lot of comics and cards and it is almost unbelievable the extent many go to to get a certain Dollar amount on items others obviously overspent on. This is SHILL BIDDING for those who care.

A statement like that pricked my ears, to be sure. I, personally, have NEVER heard of such a thing. No one ELSE has, either. Cal, however, steadfastly stands by his claim, even going so far as to paraphrase one of these emails that he has received. My inquisitive mind started questioning and putting pieces together, as I assume did many of yours, and it dawned on me that something was very, very rotten in Denmark.

The "Shill Ring" or "Shill Cartel" was mentioned by me in my first post in this thread. I said it, because as soon as Cal mentioned his emails, I immediately thought of all the OTHER people who must be getting similar emails. It was for this reason that I have been asking around, both IRL, on this thread, and via PM for ANYONE who has EVER received such "Spam". No one has.

But of COURSE they haven't. It wouldn't make sense to do something like that. You're almost guaranteeing yourself an eBay suspension if you do something so flagrantly "illegal."

So why would someone do that unless they were, in fact, involved? Think about it. Collusion on a mass scale. You get ten or fifteen people involved in one of these "Shill Rings/Cartels", and it's an untraceable crime. If everyone has more than one ID (Ebay allows two), then it would be virtually impossible to track such a scam.

I'm not making any great leap here, Cal acknowledges their existence. He knows about them, yet the mighty "Shill-Buster" who has made NUMEROUS appearances in the media, does NOTHING. Instead, he would rather go after seemingly "innocent" auction action like the original auction in question in this thread. But lets see what Cal had to say about "Shill Rings" and "Shill Cartels":

Yes there are independent groups of shill-rings out there. Most of them don't know about each other - they have the mentality - "no one else thought of this yet".

Again, why would the "Shill-Buster", featured on TV, in magazine articles, and "Google articles" (or so he says), not do something about this? If he is, as he alone reports, turning in all these shillers, why wouldn't he go after a group like that? He alone has the ability to do them in! He has their emails! He has their identification, auction numbers, and verifiable PROOF that these people are up to no good.

In Cal's own words: "Silence is a form of condonement."

I, however, would amend that to say: "Silence is a form of condonement and collusion."

Cal wants to hide behind the fact that he has gotten other shillers kicked off of eBay. How is that important? There is no honor among thieves, so it can come as no surprise when one thief turns another over simply to maintain the facade that he is working on the "right side" of the law. It would be like a dirty cop arresting someone. Hypocritical? Yes. Uncommon? No.

Cal even has a RECORD of shilling. He has been banned/NARUed at least once for shilling auctions and he has multiple accounts currently (the aforementioned Jackster11, for one).

Cal believes that his exoneration lies in the fact that no one can prove that he is shilling. I'll concede that point... absolution is going to be very, very tough in this situation. That was asserted from the beginning. It is implicit in the very notion of a "Shill Ring/Cartel" that it is going to be very, very tough to prove that someone is involved.

Unless that someone is stupid enough to talk about it on a message board.

Holy krap that's alotta words MK.... 893frustrated.gif

It's a lot of thread!

...and I still don't know what it's about... 893frustrated.gif

Sort of feels like a massive flame thread form the early dayz. cloud9.gif...and you seem to have filled Bugs shoes fairly well...keep up the good work... thumbsup2.gif

Holy krap that's alotta words MK.... 893frustrated.gif

It's a lot of thread!

...and I still don't know what it's about... 893frustrated.gif

Sort of feels like a massive flame thread form the early dayz. cloud9.gif...and you seem to have filled Bugs shoes fairly well...keep up the good work... thumbsup2.gif

mad.gif You're next. (After Pov.)

I don't really think this is a "flame" thread... I mean, it wasn't yesterday afternoon when we were trying to divine the truth. Granted, it took a decidedly downward turn last night, but that's just because all you yard apes showed up. angel.gif

'Hook, I just want to say a few things and then I'll be done with it. I promise.

I know what Cal is now. I had NEVER paid him ANY real attention before yesterday, but in light of his comments, I'll be staying far, FAR away from any auctions (or anything else) with which he is associated.

I want you all to think for a moment about this:

Cal makes an off-hand remark about the voluminous number of emails he receives each day asking him to shill auctions for various "random" eBayers:

Here is the scoop: I get eMails/calls every day - "Hey CAL please bid this one up - bid that one up - " and they even give me a Dollar amount. Many eBayers know that I bid a lot of comics and cards and it is almost unbelievable the extent many go to to get a certain Dollar amount on items others obviously overspent on. This is SHILL BIDDING for those who care.

A statement like that pricked my ears, to be sure. I, personally, have NEVER heard of such a thing. No one ELSE has, either. Cal, however, steadfastly stands by his claim, even going so far as to paraphrase one of these emails that he has received. My inquisitive mind started questioning and putting pieces together, as I assume did many of yours, and it dawned on me that something was very, very rotten in Denmark.

The "Shill Ring" or "Shill Cartel" was mentioned by me in my first post in this thread. I said it, because as soon as Cal mentioned his emails, I immediately thought of all the OTHER people who must be getting similar emails. It was for this reason that I have been asking around, both IRL, on this thread, and via PM for ANYONE who has EVER received such "Spam". No one has.

But of COURSE they haven't. It wouldn't make sense to do something like that. You're almost guaranteeing yourself an eBay suspension if you do something so flagrantly "illegal."

So why would someone do that unless they were, in fact, involved? Think about it. Collusion on a mass scale. You get ten or fifteen people involved in one of these "Shill Rings/Cartels", and it's an untraceable crime. If everyone has more than one ID (Ebay allows two), then it would be virtually impossible to track such a scam.

I'm not making any great leap here, Cal acknowledges their existence. He knows about them, yet the mighty "Shill-Buster" who has made NUMEROUS appearances in the media, does NOTHING. Instead, he would rather go after seemingly "innocent" auction action like the original auction in question in this thread. But lets see what Cal had to say about "Shill Rings" and "Shill Cartels":

Yes there are independent groups of shill-rings out there. Most of them don't know about each other - they have the mentality - "no one else thought of this yet".

Again, why would the "Shill-Buster", featured on TV, in magazine articles, and "Google articles" (or so he says), not do something about this? If he is, as he alone reports, turning in all these shillers, why wouldn't he go after a group like that? He alone has the ability to do them in! He has their emails! He has their identification, auction numbers, and verifiable PROOF that these people are up to no good.

In Cal's own words: "Silence is a form of condonement."

I, however, would amend that to say: "Silence is a form of condonement and collusion."

Cal wants to hide behind the fact that he has gotten other shillers kicked off of eBay. How is that important? There is no honor among thieves, so it can come as no surprise when one thief turns another over simply to maintain the facade that he is working on the "right side" of the law. It would be like a dirty cop arresting someone. Hypocritical? Yes. Uncommon? No.

Cal even has a RECORD of shilling. He has been banned/NARUed at least once for shilling auctions and he has multiple accounts currently (the aforementioned Jackster11, for one).

Cal believes that his exoneration lies in the fact that no one can prove that he is shilling. I'll concede that point... absolution is going to be very, very tough in this situation. That was asserted from the beginning. It is implicit in the very notion of a "Shill Ring/Cartel" that it is going to be very, very tough to prove that someone is involved.

Unless that someone is stupid enough to talk about it on a message board.

now it all makes sense 893scratchchin-thumb.gif