• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

Now you are saying variants over priced a book?

Its a really hard subject to debate really.

I think I will be more careful with newer books and not jump in with both feet unless, like Bedlam,I am certain that the story is so good its a winner.

Multiple simultaneous variants will ensure that more creators loose money than gain.

2c

Now you are saying variants over priced a book?

Its a really hard subject to debate really.

I think I will be more careful with newer books and not jump in with both feet unless, like Bedlam,I am certain that the story is so good its a winner.

Multiple simultaneous variants will ensure that more creators loose money than gain.

2c

no, i dont think i said that. I agree Bedlam will be a long term success likely, and those who bought in will do well :baiting:

My point is that, having multiple variants will help shield a book from an unsustainable speculation, which in the long run will hurt both creators and speculators.

People who believe in Bedlam still having the ability to buy into the book, without having to spend a fortune, is good for them, and doesnt hurt the creator. Lot's of variants made the creators a lot of money too.

What's hurt bedlam, is people who bought in thinking they could make a quick buck, bailing when they realized they couldnt. But those people werent truly helping the creators either.

If the Sketch variant hadnt released before the regular cover, I am sure the secondary market would have been vary different. That one silly sale of $500, caused all the problems imo.

Bedlam will eventually clean through all the over supply, and the prices will start to rise.

X 10 regular

X 2 forbidden planet

And for the record, I am giddy about this book. Everything from the proposed story to the art (especially the art) makes me excited about it! I don't care about the speculation or the hype, it's just a badass looking book. Hehehe.... Exciting.

Nope! I'm going to tape them all together and make a bigger volume and sleep in its sleeves of beauty.

(Ok fine - Also hoping the 10 lead to at least one 9.8)

I pre-ordered 6. One for me to keep and read, the others to hold.

(thumbs u Same here.

Haha I can't make myself gamble on more than 5.

I got 17 ordered. It only cost me about $1.60 per cover from DCB so that is not that bad of gamble.

I need to bookmark where Andy said he cancelled his preorders....read it again in a few months if it explodes

Most not all - I'm in for 20 - thats the lot.

I pre-ordered 6. One for me to keep and read, the others to hold.

(thumbs u Same here.

Haha I can't make myself gamble on more than 5.

I got 17 ordered. It only cost me about $1.60 per cover from DCB so that is not that bad of gamble.

Not bad at all. I missed pre-orders, so I only got a 15% discount for my copies.