• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

The other thing that I didn't notice is that it's listed price is 3.50. No biggie, just noticed it...

In done with my comments... I think I will end every post like this from now on so I feel the power like Ryan's 3rd person.

Glad I got mine at the $1.75 price each.

Dang. That would have been nice

This was readily available for awhile. At this price point , that price is a small risk to pay.

Ditto. Glad I got in early, but now it looks like this won't be a huge surprise if it does well. I'm on board through issue three. Hoping for a good read more than anything.

The other thing that I didn't notice is that it's listed price is 3.50. No biggie, just noticed it...

In done with my comments... I think I will end every post like this from now on so I feel the power like Ryan's 3rd person.

This was readily available for awhile. At this price point , that price is a small risk to pay.

Ditto. Glad I got in early, but now it looks like this won't be a huge surprise if it does well. I'm on board through issue three. Hoping for a good read more than anything.

Same here. It won't catch anyone off guard. But I think the print run will be alot smaller than what some expect it to be.

Same here. It won't catch anyone off guard. But I think the print run will be alot smaller than what some expect it to be.

Oh I got mine for 55% off. My point is that they are 3.50 for 2nd prints. Image isn't 3.50 - or hasn't been, right? If you're buying for cover, ya missed the boat. $15 for 10.... Of beautiful awesomeness! Pittance!

I'm done with my comments...

Can someone explain if this title has been hyped for a long time? I just recently found out about it like a month ago so I was curious to hear from many of you that know a ton more than I do at the moment. Any chance someone can tell me opinions/reasoning if this truly has potential to get ultra popular like TWD? Thank you in advance.

Can someone explain if this title has been hyped for a long time? I just recently found out about it like a month ago so I was curious to hear from many of you that know a ton more than I do at the moment. Any chance someone can tell me opinions/reasoning if this truly has potential to get ultra popular like TWD? Thank you in advance.

One Word: Hickman

Manhattan Projects is Hot

Hickman is the creator of MP

Hickman is creating EoW

2 + 2 = (shrug)

It was on the cover of the most recent Previews mag. It's got Hickman, and It's an Image book with a #1 on it. Not much else, actually. There have been a few panel previews, but nada on the story. The hype you see is people trying to get a head start on speculation.

It was on the cover of the most recent Previews mag. It's got Hickman, and It's an Image book with a #1 on it. Not much else, actually. There have been a few panel previews, but nada on the story. The hype you see is people trying to get a head start on speculation.

This.

Hmmm well thank you for the response Ryan and ^ others. One thing though is that MP #1 9.8 goes for like $150 to 2 bills. I honestly thought it would be in a much higher price range.

Market value aside, EoW does look like a great read and Im digging the premise and some of the art I have seen so far, but Im basically wondering if it can get as "hot" as Saga even. I see people paying a lot more for that then MP. I also have seen many people on these forums and others saying EoW is the next Walking Dead, but I dont really know if they are being semi-sarcastic or truly feel it has a shot at it.

Edited by Cobra83

Hmmm well thank you for the response Ryan and ^ others. One thing though is that MP #1 9.8 goes for like $150 to 2 bills. I honestly thought it would be in a much higher price range.

Market value aside, EoW does look like a great read and Im digging the premise and some of the art I have seen so far, but Im basically wondering if it can get as "hot" as Saga even. I see people paying a lot more for that then MP. I also have seen many people on these forums and others saying EoW is the next Walking Dead, but I dont really know if they are being semi-sarcastic or truly feel it has a shot at it.

If anyone is asking if a comic could be the next Walking Dead weeks before the first issue hits, it definitely will not be. IF there is such a thing, it will be underhyped (under ordered) and take a while to hit that status

That said, this looks like it will be a good read, so enjoy it for what it is.

I believe so many people are busy looking for the next Walking Dead for monetary reasons. I want the next Walking Dead for the long haul, a book that will be ongoing for years to come and if the first issue goes sky high then that's just icing on the cake. :cloud9: