• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

I believe so many people are busy looking for the next Walking Dead for monetary reasons. I want the next Walking Dead for the long haul, a book that will be ongoing for years to come and if the first issue goes sky high then that's just icing on the cake. :cloud9:

Thankfully there is SAGAH!!!!! :sumo:

I'm not a big fan of Saga. I love Revival but to say that it would be ongoing for years to come is a longshot.

Revival should go for around 60 issues

I was just reading that on another thread. I was thinking that if Revival continues to increase its sales, then it'll keep on trucking. If it was another walking dead (and that's a stretch), do you think they'd just get to issue #60 and say, "Ok boys, pack up...time to go!" Nah...they'll keep spinning ideas and giving the writers more money to keep the dollars coming in.

You gotta understand that this writer isn't like a lot of others. He will put in 60 issues and then move on. He has already done it with Hack Slash. Not saying they might not change their minds, but seeing that he has already done it once its a good bet it will happen again. Nice thing is Seeley also wrote about 20+ one shots and minis with Hack Slash so it might happen with Revival as well.

Although its not quite the same type of book.

Agree. These are creator owned books, too, so the idea of another creative team jumping on just isn't feasible. It's what I love about Image. Most of the time, the creatives on the series are their to stay. It also leads to delays, but that's another story.

Did someone say Bedlam? lol

It's certain to be day 1 sellout with people picking up multiple copies, but as said before, there will be no low print runs for 2013

It may mean the opposite, to a degree. Those are reorders, meaning many dealers are trying to up orders, feeling they hadn't ordered enough in the first place.

I have a feeling this will have a very big print run, lot of people seem to be pre-ordering multiple copies of it, in the hope it will be like other image comics #1 and be able to flip them to make some money. Image will also anticipate this.

Plus the storyline of this just seems that it would appeal to a much larger audience, so Image would have given it a higher print run initially anyway.