• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

Considering that Batgirl out sold Walking Dead in February, I would say there are far more comic book readers then copies of East of West.

Saga is the goal and the model. A quality book where the print run doesnt collapse on issue 2, and continues to build readership. I was buying Saga 1 from LCS's last december until the hype wave hit in January. East of West doesnt need to be impossible to find to have value, or be a hit both in primary and secondary markets.

The reviews I am hearing is just they way I hoped when I started the thread. If the story stays great, the book will be a nice stable book. Anyone who thinks doubling/tripling, or more of cover on the first day is good or sustainable, isnt thinking long term.

Any old dbag can pre-order 1000 copies of a book, it requires no skill and no talent. That is market destroying behaviour, and benefits neither the seller or the hobby long term.

Considering that Batgirl out sold Walking Dead in February, I would say there are far more comic book readers then copies of East of West.

Saga is the goal and the model. A quality book where the print run doesnt collapse on issue 2, and continues to build readership. I was buying Saga 1 from LCS's last december until the hype wave hit in January. East of West doesnt need to be impossible to find to have value, or be a hit both in primary and secondary markets.

The reviews I am hearing is just they way I hoped when I started the thread. If the story stays great, the book will be a nice stable book. Anyone who thinks doubling/tripling, or more of cover on the first day is good or sustainable, isnt thinking long term.

Any old dbag can pre-order 1000 copies of a book, it requires no skill and no talent. That is market destroying behaviour, and benefits neither the seller or the hobby long term.

(thumbs u

:gossip: listen to CBT

Comic came out yesterday....if you panic now just go ahead switch to stamp collecting.
(thumbs u
lol

lol

Thats where you are wrong CBT (and I don't mean me in this) - not any old d-bag has the means to pay for 1000 copies.

Generally (again - not me) the ones who order in big quantities can afford the initial outlay, and the potential loss.

At $20 odd bucks per slab in those quantities, thats not much of a risk.

I'd never have the guts to do it.

But I'm sure some have before.

well, i am talking about people selling raw not slabbed. Most of the people buying in those volumes are looking to quick flip, not hold for WD numbers.

Dont underestimate the Western world's ZIRP in helping fund any and all bubbles ;)

Edited by CBT

Loved, loved, loved this issue. I appreciate how they've set the stage for the story, and I thought that the artistic perspective of the bar fight was spectacular. The pacing of the story, along with the page breaks, gave it a true western feel and makes me hope that they go into the societal backdrop more.

Picked up 2 copies from my LCS yesterday. Gonna buy the Phantom Variant today. Already pre ordered the UK copy.. All I need now is the RRP

wait wat? theres a phantom variant now too?

Not that i'm complaining, phantom variants are usually pretty nice.