• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

To me... these people who flip right out of the gate and don't let the comic mature just to gain a dollar or two profit are truly BOTTOM FEEDERS!!! The only one making the money is Ebay. Geesh, are times that bad.... it might be time to find a real job.

Sorry for venting but it really gets annoying when everyone tries to undercut someone for a quick buck. I hope we aren't heading toward darker times in this market.

Couldn't disagree with this statement more. So everyone who sells modern comics as they are released doesn't have a full time job? and are bottom feeders? No one forces anyone to make a purchase. If someone wants to pay XX over cover then let them.

You miss my point, why sell a book for peanuts pay, it doesn't make sense, it makes people look desperate like they need to do this which leads me to believe they don't have a job. Because if I had one which I do, wasting my time making two dollars on a book doesn't seem like a worth while endeavor, which doesn't help the market in the long run. That's true, no one forces anybody to make a purchase but if the little of cover price didn't exist people would be buying it at a higher one. I own 100 copies of this book. Of the 100 copies, just how many will be sold now? 0. I invest for the long term and don't need to sell any because I have a job to pay the bills.

Or you could sell 5 lots of 10 for about $250, turn a small profit right off the bat and sit on 50 copies risk free as your long-term investment.

It has nothing to do with whether or not you have a good job. Most of us do. We also don't like to lose money, so eliminating all risk from the equation has a certain appeal.

Edit: looks like 5 other people were typing the same thing at the same time lol

Edited by Solar

thought I was reading someone's yearly 401k briefing

only americans have 401k's ;)

but then i suppose if National sports leagues create "World" champions, who is counting.... ;)

Edited by CBT

To me... these people who flip right out of the gate and don't let the comic mature just to gain a dollar or two profit are truly BOTTOM FEEDERS!!! The only one making the money is Ebay. Geesh, are times that bad.... it might be time to find a real job.

Sorry for venting but it really gets annoying when everyone tries to undercut someone for a quick buck. I hope we aren't heading toward darker times in this market.

Couldn't disagree with this statement more. So everyone who sells modern comics as they are released doesn't have a full time job? and are bottom feeders? No one forces anyone to make a purchase. If someone wants to pay XX over cover then let them.

You miss my point, why sell a book for peanuts pay, it doesn't make sense, it makes people look desperate like they need to do this which leads me to believe they don't have a job. Because if I had one which I do, wasting my time making two dollars on a book doesn't seem like a worth while endeavor, which doesn't help the market in the long run. That's true, no one forces anybody to make a purchase but if the little of cover price didn't exist people would be buying it at a higher one. I own 100 copies of this book. Of the 100 copies, just how many will be sold now? 0. I invest for the long term and don't need to sell any because I have a job to pay the bills.

Or you could sell 5 lots of 10 for about $250, turn a small profit right off the bat and sit on 50 copies risk free as your long-term investment.

It has nothing to do with whether or not you have a good job. Most of us do. We also don't like to lose money, so eliminating all risk from the equation has a certain appeal.

And most of us have an inventory of cardboard ready to go so shipping is not something that takes a great deal of time.

And most of us have an inventory of cardboard ready to go so shipping is not something that takes a great deal of time.

http://i653.photobucket.com/albums/uu260/skelz1977/11_zps82b2c36d.jpg

Remember when Dre posted here, or did I imagine that? He is kind of like a leprechaun, you can spot him, but its almost impossible to catch him, if you do though, he has a giant pot of gold (read CGC slabs).

Edited by CBT

Don't get me wrong my comments don't mean to offend anyone here with the job talk and I appreciate the selling insights and opinions. I just find it annoying with the undercutting that is occurring in our hobby.

i was going to read some other books today, but there's no point.

wow

now go buy 9 more, you are officially converted

na, too lazy to go to the shop! lol

i'll stick with my three copies. might have to get slabs of the variants though, if the story remains strong

Don't get me wrong my comments don't mean to offend anyone here with the job talk and I appreciate the selling insights and opinions. I just find it annoying with the undercutting that is occurring in our hobby.

But it's not really undercutting, just supply and demand? People are selling at low prices because the supply is so high. Just wait until everyone gets their online orders shipped to them, eBay will be absolutely flooded.