• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

I genuinely hope Hickman never reads this thread. Same goes for most other creators of moderns. I honestly can't imagine what they would think about 95%+ of posts being about how people can or can't make money off their books.

Yeah. I tried making that point once when people were :banana: and :whee: right in front of a creator because the print run of their comic was tiny. My point wasn't received too well by the forum regulars, unfortunately, so prepare for the potential backlash.

The point might be better made by someone who doesn't also advocate for pirated downloads in this same forum. doh!

hm

I genuinely hope Hickman never reads this thread. Same goes for most other creators of moderns. I honestly can't imagine what they would think about 95%+ of posts being about how people can or can't make money off their books.

Yeah. I tried making that point once when people were :banana: and :whee: right in front of a creator because the print run of their comic was tiny. My point wasn't received too well by the forum regulars, unfortunately, so prepare for the potential backlash.

The point might be better made by someone who doesn't also advocate for pirated downloads in this same forum. doh!

hm

lol

Because digital piracy funds terrorism. The company men in the entertainment industry say so. :ohnoez:

But I'm glad it's not my point that people had a problem with. Good to know :)

Edited by Katchoo

Funny thing was, I returned to my main shop today at lunch. The owner started laughing as I walked around the counter. He then turned around and picked up a pile of extra copies he had behind the counter, I picked out 5 copies and he rang me up. Never once did I mention why I came back to his shop for a 2nd day in a row. It's sad that he knows my tastes and motivations that well. But then again I guess it's really a good thing too :) After the transaction was done, he just smiled as I told him I had learned my lesson with Saga when it comes to a really good book.

Just out of interest, do you ignore and/or ridicule and/or facepalm everything Neil Gaiman or Brandon Graham or Mark Waid or Paulo Coelho or any of the numerous others who have gone on the record to say piracy isn't "bad mm'kay" and can actually be really good for the aritists and increase sales, whenever they make a point about something else?

directed at no person in particular, and at neither side of any arguments, anyone who cares it's:

click on name - >View Profile ->ignore this user

Edited by CBT

Just out of interest, do you ignore and/or ridicule and/or facepalm everything Neil Gaiman or Brandon Graham or Mark Waid or Paulo Coelho or any of the numerous others who have gone on the record to say piracy isn't "bad mm'kay" and can actually be really good for the aritists and increase sales, whenever they make a point about something else?

Just out of curiosity, do Neil Gaiman, Brandon Graham, et al speak for everyone? Is theirs the final word? Why do you choose to ignore the majority of creators who don't like piracy? Oh right, they're just "company men". :eyeroll:

If Neil Gaiman and company are fine with their work being pirated, they are speaking for themselves only and their work only. A bit presumptuous to assume everyone else should follow along or agree.

The real point being that it's silly for you to be so sensitive towards creators' feelings re: print runs while encouraging piracy at the same time.

directed at no person in particular, and at neither side of any arguments, anyone who cares it's:

click on name - >View Profile ->ignore this user

cool, works

Holy cow. I feel liberated... Like I can breathe. Thank you for the tip of the day.

Just out of curiosity, do Neil Gaiman, Brandon Graham, et al speak for everyone? Is theirs the final word? Why do you choose to ignore the majority of creators who don't like piracy? Oh right, they're just "company men". :eyeroll:

Citation needed. Did you do a survey? hm

I really do feel this was the strongest book since Saga. My only complaint getting back into moderns recently, is that now I have to wait till April for issue #2.

Then again, I was always a big fan of the *seriel* monthly books. Stephen King tried to make them popular again with "The Green Mile", releasing one a month for 6 consecutive months. I guess it's a lot of fun having to wait for the story to continue.

So I'm curious how did anyone order the FP variants? I attempted to order a few copies and in return I just received an email stating that they don't ship outside of Europe now.... so how did you get your copy?

I just got my tracking info - I live in chicago and they shipped my order

I confirmed the shipping price, but haven't heard back since :juggle:

+1

:juggle:

I ordered 2 copies of the FP variant and confirmed the shipping quote. It's processing now.

Just read the book and i must say, its awesome. I might be biased because i absolutely love westerns. The showdown page is great. I can't wait till issue 2. Now i'm glad i preordered 5 copies, this title should take off. Once i get the ghost and RRP variants, i'll be complete! Unless they Bedlamize it. Either way, i'm in for the duration.

Edited by Dannyboy0076