• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

Don't take this the wrong way but why did you buy something that was 4x cover if you had no clue what it was and/or why didn't you ask the person you bought it from what the deal with it was?

I could only buy two of the regular cover and the Ghost Variant was available - I picked out a 9.8 cantidate and paid for it. I knew of the series due to all the talk about it here and decided if I was going to "invest" in a comic, this would be the one.So, I did have "a clue" as to what EoW was, just not the Ghost Variant - hence me asking about JUST the Ghost Variant. I have been in this hobby for almost 30 years and know these variants have potential for value increase over a regular printing, so that is why Ipicked one up. Yes, these are to be flipped later, I am normally not in this hobby for flipping, but again, this comic seems to be a good cantidate.

I didn't mean you didn't know what EoW was, I meant you didn't know what the Ghost variant was so A. why did you buy it at 4x cover and B. why didn't you say "hey LCS guy, what's the deal with these ghost variants?". All I'm saying is I find it a bit weird to buy something and then go and find out about what you just bought cos the norm would be to do the reverse. Anyway, doesn't matter. Just wanted to clarify what I was asking in the first place.

:foryou:

Just think of what these modern comics are going to be worth is 15 years. Before the mid 2000's comics had print runs of 150,000 and plenty more. Most of your late silver and bronze key issues had print runs much higher than most of the books these days.

Just think of what these modern comics are going to be worth is 15 years. Before the mid 2000's comics had print runs of 150,000 and plenty more. Most of your late silver and bronze key issues had print runs much higher than most of the books these days.

Very true. 50k-ish is still small compared to the top selling comics from the big two, and still tiny overall. It actually makes me wonder why books like TWD #1 aren't worth more.

The vast majority will be worth sweet FA. People weren't buying 50 copies of 1 comic back then and keeping them mint with bags & boards or getting them CGCd. They were buying 1 copy, actually READING it (shocking, I know) and then probably chucking it out.

Lets wait until its confirmed in print.

Print run could be 20k, could be 80k.

No-one knows for sure.

Not saying its official, but wouldn't the word from one of the creatives serve as a decent of enough gauge for the print run?

The quote was "he believed" - that was my only query on the number. :foryou:

Really glad I got the 9.8 from DF when it was $40 (I think? maybe $50?). I'm not bothered if it takes 6 months for them to post it because there's no rush. I reckon this has the potential to be bigger than Saga.

Lets wait until its confirmed in print.

Print run could be 20k, could be 80k.

No-one knows for sure.

Not saying its official, but wouldn't the word from one of the creatives serve as a decent of enough gauge for the print run?

The quote was "he believed" - that was my only query on the number. :foryou:

Hickman offered a similar estimate.