• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

Curious - what is everyone paying for the Ghost variant, and are you getting them from mail orders or your LCS? I apologise if I am breaking some unwritten rule by asking...

-slym

I've heard as low as cover price (not likely,) next lowest is $6.

The average paid is $12-20 per and the most I've heard is $25. A good mix of mail order and directly from the LCS. The LCS will be the cheaper option in most cases since they will most likely to use the Ghost Program to help reward their regular subscription base.

$14.99 and my LCS.

Curious - what is everyone paying for the Ghost variant, and are you getting them from mail orders or your LCS? I apologise if I am breaking some unwritten rule by asking...

-slym

I've heard as low as cover price (not likely,) next lowest is $6.

The average paid is $12-20 per and the most I've heard is $25. A good mix of mail order and directly from the LCS. The LCS will be the cheaper option in most cases since they will most likely to use the Ghost Program to help reward their regular subscription base.

I got mine for cover at my LCS. And got them for $10 at Wondercon. But both had a limit of 2 per person though. Somehow I ended up with 10. :grin:

trades are not the future, just like digital is not. Both ADD to the comic industry, and dont take away from it. 99% of the people in both are "new" as everyone has mentioned, and if that gets them into the hobby eventually, great.

It also funds the companies that produce the hobby as well.

Neither trades nor digitals are "collecting comics". They are reading comicbook stories, but not collecting comicbooks....

Collecting comics will never disappear, and its only the price point that holds people back. Comics used to be dirt cheap things found on racks in every major retailer outlet. Now they are expensive collectibles found in specialty stores.

Stores like Hastings, Chapters, etc, carrying comics is awesome, and I'd love to see the "real" hobby continue to grow in that manner.

Heck, even most comicshops arent really comic shops any more. They are action figure/boardgame/trading card shops, that happen to have comics as well. People living in big American cities dont realize how lucky they are to have TRUE comicshops still, where that is the primary business.

Edited by CBT

trades are not the future, just like digital is not. Both ADD to the comic industry, and dont take away from it. 99% of the people in both are "new" as everyone has mentioned, and if that gets them into the hobby eventually, great.

It also funds the companies that produce the hobby as well.

Neither trades nor digitals are "collecting comics". They are reading comicbook stories, but not collecting comicbooks....

Collecting comics will never disappear, and its only the price point that holds people back. Comics used to be dirt cheap things found on racks in every major retailer outlet. Now they are expensive collectibles found in specialty stores.

Stores like Hastings, Chapters, etc, carrying comics is awesome, and I'd love to see the "real" hobby continue to grow in that manner.

Heck, even most comicshops arent really comic shops any more. They are action figure/boardgame/trading card shops, that happen to have comics as well. People living in big American cities dont realize how lucky they are to have TRUE comicshops still, where that is the primary business.

CBT is wise. That's why he is my friend. The comic shops I know about locally are as you describe: Magik, board games, video games, figures, comics, movie, trades, etc.

Keep :preach:

WOW I went to wondercon and came back to find out I missed 460+ post and over 40 pages? where can i find the clif notes.

Side note....

EOW was an $8-$10 book on friday. Saturday it was $10-$12

I am very fortunate that I live in a very populated area where there are dozens of comic stores within an hour's drive. Everything from music stores disguised as a (former) comic store to New England Comics (8 stores in Mass) and even the infamous "Larry's Comics".

Of course, on line has made the world everyone's comic store at their fingertips.

Speaking of trades, I look at them the same as DVDs of TV series. While there are those collectors(watchers) that can't wait for the next issue (episode), there are those people that like the ability to watch the whole run at once. Neither is wrong and as long as people are enjoying the product, it's all good.

I tend to be of both methods. There are obviously books that I've some how missed and when i read the trade, I am hooked.

WOW I went to wondercon and came back to find out I missed 460+ post and over 40 pages? where can i find the clif notes.

Side note....

EOW was an $8-$10 book on friday. Saturday it was $10-$12

I think it is going to drop for the next 1-2 weeks. Everyone is getting there mass orders in for DCBS and everywhere else. I got mine today, but I'm not listing anything yet.

the nervous nellies will all dump their 10 copy lots, which is great...i'm not selling jack....doesn't matter what happens in the next few weeks. I think i'll just send copies every few weeks in for slabbing.....

Edited by krighton