• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

the only book i can think of from 2013 is TODD

EoW doesn't get an honorable mention it its own thread ???

lol

I went to the comic shop around 1:00 today. East of West section sold out again. Guy that works there told me over 40 people added this to their pull lists today. He said they should be ready when number 3 hits. Bwahahahaha. Maybe a sledgehammer would cause them to notice this is a really hot title.

All 3 comics shops I go to were sold out. I think the naysayers are missing the boat. This is taking longer to filter through because of the quantity originally produced but it still has a very cool story so far and I like the art and coloring. Word of mouth and positive reviews will drive it. I'm staying in for the long haul.

AHH, My LCS sent back his order because they were damaged. More power to him, but I was hoping to get my read on. Man, now I'm at a loss.

Comixology. You won't even be able to damage it (thumbs u

Thanks for that idea. I ordered some from Midtown but the 6 page preview didn't cure my desire to read the whole book and I sure hate to wait a week to read it.

lol

plenty made. plenty of high grade available.

That's true about everything printed in the last 30 years... ;) , probably more like 45 years

Edited by CBT

lol

That's true about everything printed in the last 30 years... ;) , probably more like 45 years

fair enough.

i guess it's just me then, but i dont see it for 2013

you can still speculate with comics that weren't under ordered...and you can even make money at it. Are you saying that there will not be a comic that's under ordered in 2013.....why did people under order in 2012 and not 2013.....

because the absolute value that hot books were selling for, wasn't high enough. Once the margins got so high on the winners in 2012, everybody and their uncle started pouring in.

When noobs can buy 100 of every image 1st, and break even, or even make a little, you know something has changed, and its not for the better. I have said it several times, but I see Revival as the book on the cusp, Bedlam as the changing point....and Saga introducing a new concept.

It used to be chasing the "Next WD" and having to wait for a tv optioning to really catch fire.

Now they have added, the "Next Saga" as I think to chase, with no need to wait for a burdensome tv optioning to come through. (and it produces things like NWM, EoW, etc)

my 2 cents

lol

fair enough.

i guess it's just me then, but i dont see it for 2013

i agree with you though, just holding your foot to the fire a little on your choice of words lol

Print runs in 2013 will be much higher than 2012, i agree 100%. There will still be some under-ordered books, but they wont be from Image, and their wont be many of them.

This series is going places. I like those places. Horsemen of the Apocalypse? Pseudo western alternate universe America. SOLD

I am also very sad that I could not go to Flying Colors in Concord to get an issue 1 signed by Dragotta today... I have to stay close to home since my wife is expecting any day now...

Edited by Colicab

Read number 2 ( thanks to BizzaroChuck recommending Comixolgy ) and I loved it except..this book needs to come out twice a month. I don't like having to wait a month between issues. Superior Spider-man has spoiled me by not making me wait. That aside, this comic rocks !!

Read number 2 ( thanks to BizzaroChuck recommending Comixolgy ) and I loved it except..this book needs to come out twice a month. I don't like having to wait a month between issues. Superior Spider-man has spoiled me by not making me wait. That aside, this comic rocks !!

That would be amazing but, I do not think we will EVER get an independent that comes out faster than four weeks. The most recent and only example I can think of is Kirkman's mad dash to TWD 100 early last year.

This series is going places. I like those places. Horsemen of the Apocalypse? Pseudo western alternate universe America. SOLD

I am also very sad that I could not go to Flying Colors in Concord to get an issue 1 signed by Dragotta today... I have to stay close to home since my wife is expecting any day now...

GLWTBaby!