• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

Thanks ! Now I have to figure out how to afford one. That is the best looking cover of the bunch in my opinion.

It may be the most exclusive cover, but I wish they had gone a completely different look for this one (ref: Saga RRP).

Anybody's shop get shorted on #2? Luckily my shop owner was able to secure more copies at C2E2 for everyone's pull this weekend, so I'll have in hand soon.

I don't think any of the shops here got shorted but all sold out by before 1 pm Wednesday. They definitely underestimated word of mouth and demand on this book locally.

I didn't even realize he was using my image! person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed move, but whatever. Thanks to whoever reported the image.

Fun. My buyer backed out of the sale. "He accidentally bid on it after thinking someone outbid him." What a dumb , right? At least blame it on a kid.

Funny, but true story, this happened to me once. I was bidding on an item using my tablet, my wife's little niece was visiting, she'd seen me bidding and was all into it. When I stepped out on a run to the grocery store I was careless and did not lock my tablet, so she placed two or three bids on my behalf! Needless to say they were for more than I planned to pay, so I had to apologize to the seller. I was so :blush:

Fun. My buyer backed out of the sale. "He accidentally bid on it after thinking someone outbid him." What a dumb , right? At least blame it on a kid.

Funny, but true story, this happened to me once. I was bidding on an item using my tablet, my wife's little niece was visiting, she'd seen me bidding and was all into it. When I stepped out on a run to the grocery store I was careless and did not lock my tablet, so she placed two or three bids on my behalf! Needless to say they were for more than I planned to pay, so I had to apologize to the seller. I was so :blush:

You're still obligated to pay... Just sayin'. If you don't sign out of your ebay account it's your fault. Why should the seller have to go through the hassle of cancelling transactions etc.?

You're still obligated to pay... Just sayin'. If you don't sign out of your ebay account it's your fault. Why should the seller have to go through the hassle of cancelling transactions etc.?

You're right, the seller didn't have to be understanding and could have demanded I pay up or leave me negative feedback. Thankfully this guy was cool about it, believed me, understood the situation, showed empathy and gave me the benefit of the doubt. As a potential customer, I appreciated the way he handled this situation, so I offered to pay him for all fees associated with the listing, including the sale fees, but the guy would have none of it. I thought "what a good businessman" and have purchased a few items from his eBay store since then.

Also that "hassle" of cancelling eBay transactions, it really only takes a couple of clicks, but that's neither here nor there. I'm just thankful the seller wasn't you! Just sayin'. lol

The cover to issue #3 looks awesome... http://www.imagecomics.com/comics/5595/East-of-West-3

I've a question about the #1 RRP, was it handed to retailers at the Diamond Summit or was it mailed to the retail locations? I've been on the hunt and have seen only one pop-up on eBay; someone else shared the link to that auction a few posts back...

The cover to issue #3 looks awesome... http://www.imagecomics.com/comics/5595/East-of-West-3

I've a question about the #1 RRP, was it handed to retailers at the Diamond Summit or was it mailed to the retail locations? I've been on the hunt and have seen only one pop-up on eBay; someone else shared the link to that auction a few posts back...

It is being sent to the stores of the shops in attendance. Maybe arrive today w/ all the other books for Wednesday?