• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

The cover to issue #3 looks awesome... http://www.imagecomics.com/comics/5595/East-of-West-3

Willing to bet that is not the final cover. Too much cool artwork and not enough white at the bottom. I have really enjoyed this series so far, but the covers are really lacking. Why have so much wasted space on the cover...

The cover to issue #3 looks awesome... http://www.imagecomics.com/comics/5595/East-of-West-3

I've a question about the #1 RRP, was it handed to retailers at the Diamond Summit or was it mailed to the retail locations? I've been on the hunt and have seen only one pop-up on eBay; someone else shared the link to that auction a few posts back...

It is being sent to the stores of the shops in attendance. Maybe arrive today w/ all the other books for Wednesday?

Got ya! (thumbs u

Now to hunt down a NM+ or NM/M copy. All I want is one...

Is anyone else confused by the timeline in this book? Are the kids the same horsemen as the full grown ones? Are they existing at the same time or are the scenes with the kids flashbacks??

I love most of this series, but I'm a little lost

Is anyone else confused by the timeline in this book? Are the kids the same horsemen as the full grown ones? Are they existing at the same time or are the scenes with the kids flashbacks??

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the kids are the horsemen reborn. I believe in issue #1, It said that they had to be reborn (I assume they died or something), so I think the kids are in the present now. But that's IMO.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the kids are the horsemen reborn. I believe in issue #1, It said that they had to be reborn (I assume they died or something), so I think the kids are in the present now. But that's IMO.

I'm also under the impression that the kids are reincarnated horsemen. But are they existing at the same time as the grownup horsemen?

Grown up Death kills the president in issue 1 but then then the kids

go down the line and kill the rest in issue 2 until the chose the new president. Then after she is chosen she goes to the white tower to meet the other chosen ones... And those chosen ones are being hunted by the grown up horsemen even though the little horsemen were choosing them

???

Edited by nikocb

I'm also under the impression that the kids are reincarnated horsemen. But are they existing at the same time as the grownup horsemen?

go down the line and kill the rest in issue 2 until the chose the new president. Then after she is chosen she goes to the white tower to meet the other chosen ones... And those chosen ones are being hunted by the grown up horsemen even though the little horsemen were choosing them

???

Thank you! I found this very confusing as well. I don't mind some mystery as a title unfolds, but it feels like I'm having trouble grasping some of the most basic elements of this story. Going to try to read it again when time allows.

???

Thank you! I found this very confusing as well. I don't mind some mystery as a title unfolds, but it feels like I'm having trouble grasping some of the most basic elements of this story. Going to try to read it again when time allows.

You're not alone! Everyone I've discussed EoW with is having the same problem.

Another question I have about the 'cliffhanger' ending...

so death has a wife.. and shes still alive.. is this supposed to be a shock to the reader? Why set this up as a cliffhanger?

so death has a wife.. and shes still alive.. is this supposed to be a shock to the reader? Why set this up as a cliffhanger?

I agree with this too. As I don't really know what's going on, or have even the most basic facts about Death straight in my mind, I said "huh." rather than "wow!" when I got to that page. (shrug)

I agree with this too. As I don't really know what's going on, or have even the most basic facts about Death straight in my mind, I said "huh." rather than "wow!" when I got to that page. (shrug)

Yep! Same here

My take is:

1. The horsemen died and had to be reborn.

2. Death did not die

3. The kid versions are pissed at death.

just guessing that:

Death played a part in the horsemen dying (maybe killed them himslef?) and now the kids want revenge. Most likely Death wanted to stop the coming apocalypse beacuse he fell in love with his wife. Death killed the President because he was working with the Horsemen just like the new one is now.

There are only four horsemen of the Apocalypse:

Death: still an adult

Conquest, War and Famine: the three children.

C, W and F were killed and have come back reborn. Death is still alive as an adult and has formed his own posse with the Wolf and the Crow.

C, W and F were killed and have come back reborn. Death is still alive as an adult and has formed his own posse with the Wolf and the Crow.

How can you not love this series after just reading this synopsis?? Awesome!

Ok.. I understand now. I was under the impression that the two characters rolling around with death were two other horsemen.

One more question though:

If death is trying to foil the plot of the kids, then why did he kill the president? Isn't that the same agenda that the kids have?

I think 's because DEATH has a Major role.....no one knows of it though.

Ok.. I understand now. I was under the impression that the two characters rolling around with death were two other horsemen.

Yeah... I actually thought the Wolf and Crow were Death's siblings in some other form (he calls one of them 'brother'...?), and once I got off track nothing else made sense chronologically. I guess we don't really know who they are though. But that's helpful; I'll have to go back and read these again.

No idea re the 'dueling' plots to kill the government officials. ???

Also, who are the characters on the cover of #2?

Death killed the pres because the pres tried to kill him.

C, W and F killed the next in line until a they found someone who would continue on with the former presidents plans.

C, W and F are not aligned with Death and do not have the same motives.

In issue one, you see C, W and F as adult horsemen surrounding Death while some of the chosen look on. Looks like its everyone in this book vs Death, Crow and Wolf.