• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Long time reader, first time poster.

I just received East of West #1 Ghost back with a CGC 9.8 grade.

Sell now? Hold for awhile? Just wanted to pick the Collectors Society brain for some thoughts.

Thanks so much,

-dan-

I'd keep it man. I'm starting to really believe the book has a higher ceiling than we think.

What ceiling do you see for these and the regular number ones ?

More so regular #1's. I think Ghost and phantom's are all garbage.

I can definitely see #1's stabilizing around $125 or so dollars down the line. I think we've seen from Saga that a high print run doesn't necessarily dictate that a book will never be more than $60 bucks.

Hi all,

Sell now? Hold for awhile? Just wanted to pick the Collectors Society brain for some thoughts.

Thanks so much,

-dan-

I'd keep it man. I'm starting to really believe the book has a higher ceiling than we think.

That is difficult to say. Wait a few months and maybe we will all have a better idea.

I am in sorta the same boat as you, I have a really sharp copy that I want to get graded, probably a 9.8, but I am waiting...

-slym

Hi all,

Thanks so much,

-dan-

More so regular #1's. I think Ghost and phantom's are all garbage.

I can definitely see #1's stabilizing around $125 or so dollars down the line. I think we've seen from Saga that a high print run doesn't necessarily dictate that a book will never be more than $60 bucks.

That is a big number but I can see the same thing. I hope it does because I have a few :grin:

Ghost variant? I would sell it when the next printing releases. Ghost and Phantom have no long term value. Remember TWD #101 Ghost selling for $80-100 and now they are $20? And Phantoms usually stay around $10-15 with most stores selling them for $10-15 already.

+1

They sink like a rock within 6 months.

Only completionists want them.

Find your Mark and sell.

2c

Ghost variant? I would sell it when the next printing releases. Ghost and Phantom have no long term value. Remember TWD #101 Ghost selling for $80-100 and now they are $20? And Phantoms usually stay around $10-15 with most stores selling them for $10-15 already.

+1

Find your Mark and sell.

2c

I agree but I wonder why ? I like the Ghost cover better than the regular on East of West and they came out the same day. They also have a smaller print run. Why do prices tank on these ? It seems they would be the better investment on numbers alone.

The Forbidden Planet cover is my favorite, no matter what their market prices are. If they fall, all the better because I get to buy more cheap copies!!

It is my second favorite so far. I like the RRP the best because of the full cover art and the picture itself.

+1

Find your Mark and sell.

2c

I agree but I wonder why ? I like the Ghost cover better than the regular on East of West and they came out the same day. They also have a smaller print run. Why do prices tank on these ? It seems they would be the better investment on numbers alone.

The Phantom variant for Bedlam #1 CGC 9.8 seems to be holding its own. GPA 90 day avg is $50 and last sale was $67.

Revival #1 variant 9.8 is also doing ok with 90 day avg of $64.

On a grand total of 10 sales since December.

The Forbidden Planet cover is my favorite, no matter what their market prices are. If they fall, all the better because I get to buy more cheap copies!!

It is my second favorite so far. I like the RRP the best because of the full cover art and the picture itself.

Um... hate to break it to you, but the RRP does not have full cover art. Sorry.

Um... hate to break it to you, but the RRP does not have full cover art. Sorry.

You are correct. My mistake in wording. I meant a full picture instaed of a shadowed face/head. Here is what I'm speaking of

http://www.bleedingcool.com/?attachment_id=235067

You are correct. My mistake in wording. I meant a full picture instaed of a shadowed face/head. Here is what I'm speaking of

Correct me if I am wrong but the regular cover is the only one without a full picture.

All the all variants have full figures.

In fact, the Forbidden planet is the only cover with a 'team' picture, which is why I liked it the most.

That being said, I am disappointed that there is no black and white version for the regular cover as I think it will look really cool.

Correct me if I am wrong but the regular cover is the only one without a full picture.

All the all variants have full figures.

In fact, the Forbidden planet is the only cover with a 'team' picture, which is why I liked it the most.

That being said, I am disappointed that there is no black and white version for the regular cover as I think it will look really cool.

The Ghost variant is a chopped in half picture. I have seen the original art on one these sites and it was better as a full page IMHO. The FP cover has Death completely orange while his companions and the background are black and white. Maybe it pays tribute to Frank Miller/Sin City with the coloring but I think its a little corny. Oh well, to each their own. Maybe this is why they make so many different covers :grin: