• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

I'm more of a lurker. Still standing by my "I'm tired of seeing East of West rrp will be he next Saga rrp" 13 posts now CBT :sumo:

i am pro low post count users. Your threshold for becoming tired is very short. Also, why not quote some of the "many" people saying it to show some examples?

Edited by CBT

Because not everyone needs to post a paragraph every time. ;)

i asked him to back up his claim with a "quote". He doesnt need to type anything, let alone a paragraph, to quote someone ;)

I was first to predict 300 pages ago that EOW will eventually outperform Saga. Those who know me, know I love Vaughan and his writing. Loved him since Y came out. In 1-2 yrs we shall see. As far as the RRP, I love the book and will be getting one for my pc. Don't think it'll sell for less than $100, but if so, I'll be happier for it.

Edited by cujobyte

For those saying that $300 is too high, that's fine. Personally, I think it's going to be hard for anyone to get this book for under $100 raw after the public sales prices of the Saga RFP and the Panzerfaust RRP. That's just my opinion. I would not be surprised if this book starts at 150-200 raw (prices that have been seen on the panzerfaust RRP).

If you want to bid, that's cool and thank you. If it's too rich for your blood, that's cool too and it shouldn't stop you from reading and enjoying a series that I thought really showed some promise in issue 2 (like Saga, I also thought that issue 1 of EoW has some weird pacing). It's my understanding that Jonathan isn't a huge variant guy, so hopefully, like Saga, people don't have to worry about variant madness. Again, just my opinion.

CBT just for you. I was referring to BeerThirty's response. :banana:

I love East of West but I'm tired of people trying to compare it to Saga or Peter Panzerfaust. This "RRP" will not bring anything near the Saga RRP. If anyone remembers when Saga's rrp first came out, it hung around 100-150 for months. It only increased to what you see today due to the steady increase of its popularity. Could East of West follow the same path? Sure. However, don't expect it to increase in value if you start throwing 300 plus for a copy on day 1. Sorry BeerThirty, good luck with the auction as a fellow boardie I hope some sucker pays you a ridiculous price but I still think your starting price is laughable. I personally won't pay more than 150.

Has a Saga RRP 9.8 slab ever sold on eBay for less than $300? I respect your opinion, but I think that your data points are accurate for NM raw copies and not graded copies.

Also, I doubt the first sale will have much of an impact on the long term price of this book. With the saga RRP, the first 9.8 slabs sold for $300 in Dre's sales thread during C2E2 in 2012. Some PP raws went for over $200 during C2E2 this year. I don't think that the price point is so out of line with the comps. If you have more applicable comps, that would be interesting.

I love East of West but I'm tired of people trying to compare it to Saga or Peter Panzerfaust. This "RRP" will not bring anything near the Saga RRP. If anyone remembers when Saga's rrp first came out, it hung around 100-150 for months. It only increased to what you see today due to the steady increase of its popularity. Could East of West follow the same path? Sure. However, don't expect it to increase in value if you start throwing 300 plus for a copy on day 1. Sorry BeerThirty, good luck with the auction as a fellow boardie I hope some sucker pays you a ridiculous price but I still think your starting price is laughable. I personally won't pay more than 150.

Has a Saga RRP 9.8 slab ever sold on eBay for less than $300? I respect your opinion, but I think that your data points are accurate for NM raw copies and not graded copies.

Also, I doubt the first sale will have much of an impact on the long term price of this book. With the saga RRP, the first 9.8 slabs sold for $300 in Dre's sales thread during C2E2 in 2012. Some PP raws went for over $200 during C2E2 this year. I don't think that the price point is so out of line with the comps. If you have more applicable comps, that would be interesting.

I agree with BeerThirty. I think raws might be $150, but no way a 9.8 goes that low anytime soon, if at all.

I don't think the asking price of 300 bones is ridiculous at all. I just stated that I would have listed it as a BIN, something like $750, with best offers accepted. I understand the point of listing an auction with a high starting price so you don't get less than what you wanted out of it, but in my experience all that does is limit the potential of what you can get out of it, as bidders will likely just wait until the auction is nearing its end before placing a bid.

I bought a blue 9.8 Saga RRP around July 4th of last year, after several weeks of "shopping around". The best deal I found was for $450.00.

It would have been released for what, 3 months at that time?

I think it is a valid comparison.

I agree that the price will probably be upwards of $300 but to compare East of West to Saga is silly.

Saga has a much broader appeal than East of West. Saga is unique in that nearly everyone who I have recommended it to (including my mother and sister) love it!!

I just can't see that same broad appeal of East of West and I guess that will affect it's desirability and price.

I think we should ask Nostradamus.... Or every third Boardie.

If anyone wants to cry about prices going up and down, that is the nature of collectibles. Hello, welcome. The Saga RRP price went up down and then crazy high and has settled at a premium. Peter Panzerfaust #1 raws in NM+ could be had all day last year this time for under $50 with 9.8 fetching $140 - $185. Today.... You know the story. Saga #1 raw was a $10 to $15 book. I can keep going but you get the picture. Buy what you like. Some books go up. Some go down. It is what it is. Everything can't always go up up up.

Who's to say what will happen in six months?

Will the next Nostradamus please stand up...

R

I still find it insane that a book only two issues in will command $300 + for a variant.

Look at Five Ghosts. ECCC sells for that. And that book has nowhere near the audience that East of West does.