• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

I think cover stock has a lot to do with it. Image has been very smart about that. You're not going to find the influx of 9.9s and 10s with Marvel or DC. That said, hy does it bother you - 9.8s loosing value or because with nowhere to go upwardly, something negative will happen to the market? Not critical, just curious.

I know walking dead has 9.9s, but the new surge of 9.9s (and 10s) in the last two months makes me feel uncomfortable.
I noticed a surge of 9.9's and 10's last year around this time. I don't know if it coincides with an increase in submissions and the ratio is the same but we see higher numbers because more books are being submitted or if cgc is busier and unintentionally grading a bit more loosely. It seems that there are more 9.9's and 10's from on site grading too but who knows?

I know walking dead has 9.9s, but the new surge of 9.9s (and 10s) in the last two months makes me feel uncomfortable.
I noticed a surge of 9.9's and 10's last year around this time. I don't know if it coincides with an increase in submissions and the ratio is the same but we see higher numbers because more books are being submitted or if cgc is busier and unintentionally grading a bit more loosely. It seems that there are more 9.9's and 10's from on site grading too but who knows?

No, it's specific books from specific publishers getting 9.9s and 10.0s due to cover stock and printing quality - that's all. It's not like CGC is suddenly handing out more 9.9s across the board.

Just read #3. This book is pure awesomeness. You could tell from #1 that the world here is massive and if the quality stays the way it has been so far then, wow. It'll be interesting to see how sales go once the trade is out. I'll make an early prediction that many blogs and websites will name this as comic of the year in December. It'll be this year's Saga.

I've been getting 9.9s and 10.0s for years - in fact, I get less of them now. Cover stock on certain books...that's what it's all about

No, it's specific books from specific publishers getting 9.9s and 10.0s due to cover stock and printing quality - that's all. It's not like CGC is suddenly handing out more 9.9s across the board.

This makes sense.

Can anyone suggest a good panel for turning into pixel art? I wanna make a huge EoW piece!

Don't know if this would turn out well but my fav panel:

east-of-west2.jpg

Sort of embodies EoW (well... for the first 2 issues anyways).

Edited by Erndog

Can anyone suggest a good panel for turning into pixel art? I wanna make a huge EoW piece!

Don't know if this would turn out well but my fav panel:

east-of-west2.jpg

Sort of embodies EoW (well... for the first 2 issues anyways).

I love that page! It'd be way too hard to pixelize though unfortunately. It'd probably turn out the size of a house.

^^

I read issue three last night.

And I don't know. Not the greatest feeling when I finished reading it.

No I'm actually tempted to SELL SELL SELL. That was atrocious. I had no idea what was going on and was scrambling to piece it together as the issue finished. It is taking the path of all Hickman issues.

I'm tempted to put up my 9.8 copy of 1 and the first three issues for sale. This was not a good book.