• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

You got me there. To me, this is a keeper so no way I'm selling all of them but yes, I also continue to buy these to remarket.

There is something weird happenning with this book. We have three local shops here and they ordered light or didn't order these at all when they came out. Each of the shops has an empty spot on the shelf where these should be. I think they are missing the boat but I also think a lot of people ( locally anyway ) are not getting a chance to read this story. Midtown on the other hand has every issue available at cover or less. I wonder how this will play out in the long run. Some people might go back and get them but others may feel like that boat sailed and they missed it. Thoughts ?

I'm getting the subsequent prints also... A little broke atm for an rrp :(

My shop ordered light at first also, but ordered heavy reprints when #4 came out. I passed by that friday and all #4s were gone and there was a few #1 4ths. Owner said it's picking up steam, it's a small shop so he's happy selling anything new right now.

Edited by Spawnyboy

For what it's worth, I read an interview with ES who said that EOW is following a similar pattern to Saga in terms of interest in it. He didn't go into any other detail than that. It's definitely the title that I'd bet on as being "the next Saga" if I had to and while I'm a little invested in it, I'm not sure if it has the wide appeal that Saga has. In saying that, some people were put off Saga because of the sex stuff so maybe that will even it out. (shrug)

"Collecting" or "Buying to make money in the future"? lol

I don't know that there'll be a lot of money in the 2nd or 3rd prints. They may even be money losers. My guess is that registry set builders are doing it for fun :-)

For what it's worth, I read an interview with ES who said that EOW is following a similar pattern to Saga in terms of interest in it. He didn't go into any other detail than that. It's definitely the title that I'd bet on as being "the next Saga" if I had to and while I'm a little invested in it, I'm not sure if it has the wide appeal that Saga has. In saying that, some people were put off Saga because of the sex stuff so maybe that will even it out. (shrug)

unlike others I think this book has a mass

appeal its readers ship has not fully grown look for a large increase on this book towards the end of the year (thumbs u

I don't know that there'll be a lot of money in the 2nd or 3rd prints. They may even be money losers. My guess is that registry set builders are doing it for fun :-)

^^

This is what I am doing. For fun. I doubt it will ever reach mass appeal. I think Hickman is a bit too esoteric for mass appeal, as opposed to Saga, which I think is very accessible.