• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

I'd disagree, Saga is way out there and can quickly turn off a a certain comic book reader whereas East of West has a much broader appeal.

I think the fact that they're so different and unique is what makes them successful. If they were just like everything else, I'd be bored.

Just to throw my opinion in the Saga Vs EOW. I really don't like Saga. I've only read the trade paperback a few times and have no interest in reading anymore of it. So who knows only time will tell which one will be the more popular book. Saga is a little to strange for me.

Just for the record, I really like both. But if I were to try to pitch each one to a new reader (either normal comic reader or not) it seems like Saga would be easier to get someone to try. I like that EOW is intricate and not straight forward at all, but I think that might be a detractor to the average person.

... I like that EOW is intricate and not straight forward at all, but I think that might be a detractor to the average person.

(thumbs u Same feeling here. Hickman's chronology and process on this (and some of his other work) makes the read intriguing to me, but I can see where some could stray if it's not their thing. No each their own.

Like I said we will have to see what the numbers look like in a couple years. I don't think Walking dead appeals to women any more than EOW. Not many girls are into the whole Zombie thing. No more than they would be into EOW.

Like I said we will have to see what the numbers look like in a couple years. I don't think Walking dead appeals to women any more than EOW. Not many girls are into the whole Zombie thing. No more than they would be into EOW.

Walking Dead is a drama. It's a soap opera with a zombie background. MANY women enjoy the series.

EoW doesnt have the female fan base that SAGA does.

Take a look at @NickDragotta

on twitter and you will see that you might be wrong I tried to upload the pictures

check it out and its still early in the series

EoW doesnt have the female fan base that SAGA does.

Take a look at @NickDragotta

on twitter and you will see that you might be wrong I tried to upload the pictures

check it out and its still early in the series

until i see, on THREE separate occasions, a female customer enter a LCS, go up to an employee and specifically ask where they keep their back issues of EOW, then i wont believe it.

i saw that in the last 8 months with Saga

funny thing is that was the next point I was going to make I hung out in my comic shop last week and saw 2 girls purchase number #4 one said it was for her boyfriend and the other said she loves the series so far from a

know-it-all newbie lol

It's Days of our Lives with a twist. Of course they love it. It was the zombie freaks that wanted more action and gore. The show had great ratings while zombie lovers used words like boring. Somebody was enjoying it. ;)

Walking Dead is a drama. It's a soap opera with a zombie background. MANY women enjoy the series.

I don't know. He sounds pretty convinced on this one, guys. I'm sure his ten years of sales trends point to the fact that women can't stand TWD.

Edited by awakeintheashes

I've been married 22 plus years. In that time I've seen a few good chick flicks and because I love my wife, endured countless bad ones. That being said, I'm not looking for the chick comic lol

Give me the Clint Eastwood of comics and I'm in. East (wood) of West fills the bill nicely. I can almost see Eastwood in his prime playing the role of Death stylistically as well as physically. This book rocks !

I think women can and will get into this book. It's clear that this is going to have a strong love story component to it. And xio kicks . Xio vs elana? Come on. I'd put money on xio ending the stalk even.

(The last 3 sentences may have been completely over the line and meant to ruffle saga lover's feathers. Love me some saga).