• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

SOOO.... WHAT IS THIS BOOK ABOUT??.?

I've read it a couple of times and I don't understand why the world is like it is or where this story is going. I love Saga, there are a lot of comparisons from a size/scope perspective.... And I can't see it. I need a EoW for dummies!

I've read it a couple of times and I don't understand why the world is like it is or where this story is going. I love Saga, there are a lot of comparisons from a size/scope perspective.... And I can't see it. I need a EoW for dummies!

I'm with you on this. I can't tell sometimes if they're in a different time zone or a parallel universe all together. All I know is a few of the characters are the enhanced versions and while they appear pretty badass, I haven't seen any explosive mind-bending moments yet (haven't read #4 yet, please don't spoil it)

I will miss you. The world will not.

Yep, that was awesome!

Yeah, man. The interaction between Chamberlain and the other three horseman was great as well. "Conquest? I'm a conquistador."

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they are going to get him lol..... PWNED

Finally got around to reading 4 this morning. Hickman is on top of his game. This series has some great one-liners. "I will miss you. The world will not."

That was ice cold and I can't get enough of it.

Yeah, man. So many. My favorite is from the first issue. "natural selection would have loved you".

Beautifully brutal. That scene is forever memorable.

I would compare the starting point of this story to episode IV from Star Wars in that there is as of yet untold history. We get a glimpse behind the curtain a little at a time. I don't want to say too much because I don't want to spoil it for those who haven't had a chance to read it yet. I believe it will come together in a way where we all go " oh, I see...", or " so that's why "... :grin:

I will miss you. The world will not.

Yep, that was awesome!

Yeah, man. The interaction between Chamberlain and the other three horseman was great as well. "Conquest? I'm a conquistador."

Yeah, he was much more bold than I expected.

I would compare the starting point of this story to episode IV from Star Wars in that there is as of yet untold history. We get a glimpse behind the curtain a little at a time. I don't want to say too much because I don't want to spoil it for those who haven't had a chance to read it yet. I believe it will come together in a way where we all go " oh, I see...", or " so that's why "... :grin:

I agree.

I can also see this book going past 50 issues because of that reason.

I agree.

I can also see this book going past 50 issues because of that reason.

Dragotta told me at SDCC they have the first 50 outlined. I think this book is going to be Epic. I didn't want to believe the hype at 1st and was confused after reading #1. But it has grown on me and there is one line in issue #4 where I thought :o:censored: YES! This is going to be good

Edited by Awax

You mean I'm not the only one!!! :facepalm: I love the art and I'm intrigued by the story. But I mean... who are the bad guys? who are the good guys? Why are three of the horsemen of the apocalypse kids and one is an adult? Is this all supposed to be part of the mystery that we will see unfold. (shrug)

You mean I'm not the only one!!! :facepalm: I love the art and I'm intrigued by the story. But I mean... who are the bad guys? who are the good guys? Why are three of the horsemen of the apocalypse kids and one is an adult? Is this all supposed to be part of the mystery that we will see unfold. (shrug)

Bad guys - 3 horsemen of the apocalypse and the true believers

Good Guys - the crow, the wolf, death, and Xio

Why are 3 kids and 1 an adult: Guess: the three others died and were reborn. Death survived

I imagine that the next issue will explain a lot of what happened to get us to this point.

Bad guys - 3 horsemen of the apocalypse and the true believers

Good Guys - the crow, the wolf, death, and Xio

Why are 3 kids and 1 an adult: Guess: the three others died and were reborn. Death survived

I imagine that the next issue will explain a lot of what happened to get us to this point.

I don't necessarily think Death, the crow and the wolf are good guys. Perhaps just the main characters?