• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

Why not send it in with a prescreen?

BTW, I have seen graders at CGC treat ink smudges on very differently from each other. I had a book that had a slight smudge on the front cover, already graded 9.4, that I thought a press might be able to lift. Pressing lifted it a little (but not much) but the book looked beautiful so I sent it in to get graded. It came back a 9.0. I had it pressed again and sent in again, came back a 9.0. I sat on it for a few months, cracked it, thought (again) that it looked beautiful, sent it in with a prescreen, and it came back 9.8.

he looks too bad to get wiped out...you have to have a clear force of good in this series, and I hope it's him.

He does look like a tough one and he is bringing some firepower to inot the mix.

Here is a 3 page preview if there is anyone else who can't wait.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=18285

Why not send it in with a prescreen?

BTW, I have seen graders at CGC treat ink smudges on very differently from each other. I had a book that had a slight smudge on the front cover, already graded 9.4, that I thought a press might be able to lift. Pressing lifted it a little (but not much) but the book looked beautiful so I sent it in to get graded. It came back a 9.0. I had it pressed again and sent in again, came back a 9.0. I sat on it for a few months, cracked it, thought (again) that it looked beautiful, sent it in with a prescreen, and it came back 9.8.

This is why I'm hesitant to sub my own books. :o Coin Toss much?

I just finished issue 6 and I can't believe how great this book is or how far off I was in what to expect from the story and the new character. A+ and I don't know how it could get any better. The world of East of West keeps getting bigger but the characterization of its newest character is pretty down to earth.

I wonder if we could talk Hickman and Dragotta into making this a bi weekly ? lol

I just finished issue 6 and I can't believe how great this book is or how far off I was in what to expect from the story and the new character. A+ and I don't know how it could get any better. The world of East of West keeps getting bigger but the characterization of its newest character is pretty down to earth.

I wonder if we could talk Hickman and Dragotta into making this a bi weekly ? lol

one could only wish but I will wait for this quality not to many books live up to the hype :headbang:

trying not to buy before the con is killing me I had to do it :insane:

Was that the one that was just on the bay?? Yep, I see it is. Good job!... guess you wanted it more than I did :P

I was in touch with a boardie who was at SDCC about the exact same print and wasn't able to get it for me... (yet..) :juggle:

Edited by Rhymenoceros