• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

:news:

East of West will definitely pass SAGA, and eventually Catch Walking Dead, IMO.....

East of West may eventually overtake TWD in terms of comic book sales (though I don't think it's likely). Overall popularity/cultural impact? Absolutely no chance.

+1 million quid

I agree that the odds are very long for that to happen. The thing is, its possible that this thing could grow like that. TWD was definitely not as popular as this when it came out. I tried to get people to try it and got turned away a lot. To say that a series based on sci-fi, westerns, and a little manga sprinkled in can't compete with zombies...how about Star Wars, Star Trek, Farscape,John Wayne, Clint Eastwood, Deadwood...yeah I know its a real longshot and we are awfully early on to be comparing to TWD in all media. Its not even close so I wouldn't try. I do think we can compare it to the comic and I think so far it holds up pretty well imho.

The main thing I hope is that people give the book a try. I love it and I want to last longer than say Planetary or The Authority vol 1. I would like to be reading this book in 2020 if it stays as interesting as it has to this point.

***NICK DRAGOTTA COMMISSION ANNOUNCEMENT***

Nick will be taking a VERY limited number of commission requests for NYCC. This will be for 11X17 commissions. You do not have to attend the show to be on the list. Nick has generally stayed away from full-on commissions in the past, choosing instead to sketch for free at signings as well as doing simple sketches at cons. This is a rare opportunity. Please PM me if interested. Thanks!

Nick will be taking a VERY limited number of commission requests for NYCC. This will be for 11X17 commissions. You do not have to attend the show to be on the list. Nick has generally stayed away from full-on commissions in the past, choosing instead to sketch for free at signings as well as doing simple sketches at cons. This is a rare opportunity. Please PM me if interested. Thanks!

Does this mean he will not be sketching at the show?

:news:

East of West will definitely pass SAGA, and eventually Catch Walking Dead, IMO.....

East of West may eventually overtake TWD in terms of comic book sales (though I don't think it's likely). Overall popularity/cultural impact? Absolutely no chance.

+1 million quid

I agree that the odds are very long for that to happen. The thing is, its possible that this thing could grow like that. TWD was definitely not as popular as this when it came out. I tried to get people to try it and got turned away a lot. To say that a series based on sci-fi, westerns, and a little manga sprinkled in can't compete with zombies...how about Star Wars, Star Trek, Farscape,John Wayne, Clint Eastwood, Deadwood...yeah I know its a real longshot and we are awfully early on to be comparing to TWD in all media. Its not even close so I wouldn't try. I do think we can compare it to the comic and I think so far it holds up pretty well imho.

The main thing I hope is that people give the book a try. I love it and I want to last longer than say Planetary or The Authority vol 1. I would like to be reading this book in 2020 if it stays as interesting as it has to this point.

:golfclap:

I expect he will be sketching at the show, but as always, it will depend on his schedule. And if he does sketch, they'll be his smaller con sketches (typically 9X12) and not the larger, more detailed commission he's offering here.

Was just looking at the census on the RRP...

Only 36 graded at 9.8.

So only 12% of the print run has been graded at 9.8. That's fairly miniscule.

Edit to add: I thought the print run on the RRP was 300... but seeing a lot of people saying 500 in their listings.. do we have any solid confirmation of the print run?

Edited by ZaCrew

I expect he will be sketching at the show, but as always, it will depend on his schedule. And if he does sketch, they'll be his smaller con sketches (typically 9X12) and not the larger, more detailed commission he's offering here.

that all makes sense. Appreciate it.

Not sure why this keeps coming up.

This world CAN handle both Saga AND EoW

They are not the same, and we can all prefer which one we like.

Preach bruh.

The only books I'm currently reading on a regular basis is saga and east of west. Both are very different but I love and enjoy them both.

Thank you again!

Animated Spawn was awesome on HBO btw!

Also... It appears midtown found a box of #1 first prints. No limit it seems, but they bumped the price to six bucks.