• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

Just read #6 tonight (I know).... This series kicks *spoon*

YES!

Just read?? *foot tap*

(Channeling CAL)

Ryan is a busy, busy man :grin:

RYAN juggling :juggle:

My neezy, Ryan in da house too! You good bro? How's your team doing in the Fantasy Football League (and no, I'm not being facetious)?

Three letters.... sux

lol

Just read 6. Is there any reason that this needs to be scifi? I mean, ok the kid is 'plugged in' but you can handle that many different ways. I love the book, don't get me wrong... I guess what I'm saying is, this could be easily offered to Mirimax and they could easily take liberties et la: 'Wanted'. Not to say that was good either...

Maybe I just don't get what the futuristic spin on the story brings yet. Thoughts?

I think one thing it brought is firepower. Death's horse and the Ranger's dog aren't just for travel,companionship, or looks. They are pretty wicked. Xiaolian's hands are integral to the story so far and in the old west, they just wouldn't have been possible. This is supposed to be a post apocalyptic tale and the technology gives it that feel. The tech in the book shows what was and gives you an idea of how much was lost imo.

I can totally see that. Especially in the taking of House of Mao - which was pretty badass. The hands are an interesting touch. Wondering about the vases.

Have you seen any hints of how the world got that way? Is it because of the Horseman or are they a byproduct?

I can totally see that. Especially in the taking of House of Mao - which was pretty badass. The hands are an interesting touch. Wondering about the vases.

Have you seen any hints of how the world got that way? Is it because of the Horseman or are they a byproduct?

I don't have a clue about how it came to what it is but I know I like it. lol

It appears to me that it was already in the conditon or state it is in even before whatever the other 3 horsemen did what they did to Death.

Getting heated in here haha...

I was so bummed, my girlfriend saw that Duchovny was added to NYC and went to go buy tickets, sold out. I don't trust eBay for tickets after some baseball mishaps so we're not going to go.

I would love to get my hands on that EOW Hardcover and another Dragotta sketch.

If anyone feels like being nice and accepts paypal, let me know :)

PM Nexus about getting a sketch.

Ok just grabbed all the back issues of EoW, including #6. So I'm jumping in. I heard a lot of good things about this book.

Unfortunately, I grabbed #1 4th print, #2 second print. I didn't notice until I got to work and looked (I was rushing not to be late to work). But I think they only had those copies.

Ok just grabbed all the back issues of EoW, including #6. So I'm jumping in. I heard a lot of good things about this book.

Unfortunately, I grabbed #1 4th print, #2 second print. I didn't notice until I got to work and looked (I was rushing not to be late to work). But I think they only had those copies.

Yeah most shops are sold out of the first print

Midtown still has them in stock.

Yeah most shops are sold out of the first print

Midtown still has them in stock.

you will like this book.

Sweet! I'm gonna start soon. And yes if I like it, which I'm thinking I will, then I definitely will get a #1 first print.

IF YOUR NOT FIRST YOUR LAST! lol

yes he did most of them digital it helps keep the pace of the book. He also said in a interview that he did not want to sell the pages he did do of the OA That's why he makes the limited prints he sells at the cons. if he was to sell I don't think it will be anytime soon.

i believe it's digital, with Nick re-drawing the "popular" pages as OA

Digital? :o No bueno

Yes, art is *mostly* digital. As with Fiona Staples and SAGA, the priority for Nick is to keep the book on schedule. Drawing digitally allows him to do that. The bad news for collectors is that the OA market thus becomes secondary.

The good news, however, is that there ARE some hand-drawn originals, including covers. If/when Nick decides to sell any of those, I'll announce it here. I'm also working with him on his 2014 con schedule. He'll hopefully be available for more commissions/sketches. Again, more news to come as we solidify plans.

Yes, art is *mostly* digital. As with Fiona Staples and SAGA, the priority for Nick is to keep the book on schedule. Drawing digitally allows him to do that. The bad news for collectors is that the OA market thus becomes secondary.

The good news, however, is that there ARE some hand-drawn originals, including covers. If/when Nick decides to sell any of those, I'll announce it here. I'm also working with him on his 2014 con schedule. He'll hopefully be available for more commissions/sketches. Again, more news to come as we solidify plans.

Nice....:applause: So no 2013 NYCC appearances, in Nicks journey's?

Nice....:applause: So no 2013 NYCC appearances, in Nicks journey's?

yes he will be there.