• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

I hope two to three more leprechaun movies are made!

True story. My wife rents what she thinks is a Barney or Free Willy movie for the kids to watch when they were little. The movie in the rental box was the Leprechaun. She walked out of the room and hears screams and kids running. Needless to say, the kids were scarred for life. lol

Was it the one where he gets high with Ice T or the one where he tries to marry a queen for the impending "space gold"?

Or the one with Fat Jennifer Aniston

I hope two to three more leprechaun movies are made!

True story. My wife rents what she thinks is a Barney or Free Willy movie for the kids to watch when they were little. The movie in the rental box was the Leprechaun. She walked out of the room and hears screams and kids running. Needless to say, the kids were scarred for life. lol

Was it the one where he gets high with Ice T or the one where he tries to marry a queen for the impending "space gold"?

It was the one where the kids went AAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

I'll have one double signed and sketched from NYCC that I am crossing my fingers until they hurt comes back 9.8 :wishluck:

I have to decide when the time comes whether or not to sell. ???

Thats why I got four done, I knew I was going to be pissed if I only submitted one and it came back 9.6, one of the copies had really light (pencil grey) ink residue, I'm curious how cgc is going to grade that.

I'll have one double signed and sketched from NYCC that I am crossing my fingers until they hurt comes back 9.8 :wishluck:

I have to decide when the time comes whether or not to sell. ???

Thats why I got four done, I knew I was going to be pissed if I only submitted one and it came back 9.6, one of the copies had really light (pencil grey) ink residue, I'm curious how cgc is going to grade that.

Hopefully you get all 9.8s. I would be happy with a 9.6 with this book. It will be in demand either way.

anyone grab the exclusive hc? I was just wondering what kind of extras it included...

http://www.midtowncomics.com/store/dp.asp?PRID=East+Of+West+Vol+1+HC+Con_1308058

*whoops...not released yet.*

I picked one up at NYCC, but I didn't browse through it yet. Unless someone else responds, I'll take a look when I get home from work and let you know what extra content is included.

anyone grab the exclusive hc? I was just wondering what kind of extras it included...

http://www.midtowncomics.com/store/dp.asp?PRID=East+Of+West+Vol+1+HC+Con_1308058

I picked one up at NYCC, but I didn't browse through it yet. Unless someone else responds, I'll take a look when I get home from work and let you know what extra content is included.

There is nothing extra in the book. Just hard bound with the first trade inside. No forward or afterward.

There is nothing extra in the book. Just hard bound with the first trade inside. No forward or afterward.

sounds "exclusive" :facepalm:

:hi: Hi, Chuck!!

It is pretty, got mine in the mail yesterday. No extras included, just the first five issues. I do have to say, that I was a bit dissapointed in the binding. Its basically a trade paperback with the outermost cover pages glued to a hardcover exterior. For $8 and issue, I was expecting it to be a sewn binding. Even DC's absolute editionsvdont cost $8 and issue. Not to complain though, I am very glad to have this series in hardcover.

It is pretty, got mine in the mail yesterday. No extras included, just the first five issues. I do have to say, that I was a bit dissapointed in the binding. Its basically a trade paperback with the outermost cover pages glued to a hardcover exterior. For $8 and issue, I was expecting it to be a sewn binding. Even DC's absolute editionsvdont cost $8 and issue. Not to complain though, I am very glad to have this series in hardcover.

It's limited to 500 copies, hence the premium price. Not essential, by any means. Primarily meant for the EoW completist, but I was surprised at how many casual fans picked it up at NYCC.

... and I was happy to buy it, particularly at a con. While it's exactly like the TPB (but not our TBP), the hardcover and nice interior pages made it great for sketches and personalization (I didn't have to worry about my soft cover getting mangled after Nick drew in it). I think that the MP 1 hardcover is similar and Felix has offered some great opps for people to get sketched copies that last much better in collections. Just my theory about why the hardcover was a fun buy.

Edited by BeerThirty

... and I was happy to buy it, particularly at a con. While it's exactly like the TPB (but not our TBP), the hardcover and nice interior pages made it great for sketches and personalization (I didn't have to worry about my soft cover getting mangled after Nick drew in it). I think that the MP 1 hardcover is similar and Felix has offered some great opps for people to get sketched copies that last much better in collections. Just my theory about why the hardcover was a fun buy.

fair enough. I've already ordered a copy so I don't have fumble through my floppies. But we all know this book deserves an insanely cool HC deluxe package.