• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

Been a fan of Benitez's Lady Mechanika books for some time (if #4 would ever come out!)

Looks like that sketch sold for $150 plus $7 S+H, btw. I didn't buy it, but would have if $ were no issue!

p.s. - You can tell Dragotta really phoned in the sig on that one ... WOW sloppy.

Edited by Rhymenoceros

Been a fan of Benitez's Lady Mechanika books for some time (if #4 would ever come out!)

Looks like that sketch sold for $150 plus $7 S+H, btw. I didn't buy it, but would have if $ were no issue!

p.s. - You can tell Dragotta really phoned in the sig on that one ... WOW sloppy.

And Jonathan didn't? :-)

Also, Jonathan and Nick signed a LOT of autographs at NYCC. Nick also did commissions and drew a TON of free quick sketches for the fans. I'm shocked that he could even write anything by Sunday. The guy's a champ

Ha! Yeah, Jonathan's pretty much always looks like that. I'm sure they were both probably running out of Sharpie ink every day.

A little steep for a raw, but these have been hot. One just sold on these boards for $350 for a 9.6 yellow signed by Dragotta. I'd definitely try to make an offer.

Not saying u will see it happen again but 2 CGC 9.8's just sold for $385 and $362 within the last month. Buying a raw w/ no guarantee of grade at the same price is risky.

A little steep for a raw, but these have been hot. One just sold on these boards for $350 for a 9.6 yellow signed by Dragotta. I'd definitely try to make an offer.

Not saying u will see it happen again but 2 CGC 9.8's just sold for $385 and $362 within the last month. Buying a raw w/ no guarantee of grade at the same price is risky.

Now if u are purely collecting I say go for it. It will definitely be worth that much some day IMHO.

i dont think they'll end under $400 again. those both ended while NYCC was occuring

i dont think they'll end under $400 again. those both ended while NYCC was occuring

True. I got the one that went for $362. Still can't believe it. Looks good next to my #1 regular cover CGC 9.9!!!

NICE!

i would have snipped it, but forgot about the listing because of being at NYCC

And to think I was upset I didn't go to NYCC. :)

BTW...while you were at NYCC did you see any of these 14 page preview issues of this comic called "Spread" they were talking about on Comics Heating Up? Lone Wolf and Cub meets John Carpenters The Thing. Looks awesome.