• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

yep, but it's still the only option.

Also, those are ALL yellowed now ;)

Bottom line:

Saga RRP cover is cute

EoW RRP=kick a$@ character w/ a kick a$@ gun and then that cute "dog thing"!

Can't believe this is even a topic.

Which one do u think Chuck Norris would choose...I rest my case!

Never judge a book by it's cover...nah, go ahead. I'm with you and Chuck on this one. I actually prefer Saga's regular cover to the RRP but with EOW I like the RRP, Ghost, FP, then regular cover in that order.

I think that the Saga RRP is better art, but that the EoW RRP is going to be more difficult to find. The print run is smaller and I've heard horror stories from friends about the condition in which their RRP arrived (let's just say that Diamond was not super concerned about the book arriving in pristine condition). Both books are amazing and there's no need for Jonathan and BKV to fight. They're both cool dudes. Why can't we root for douches to fight? :-)

I think that the Saga RRP is better art, but that the EoW RRP is going to be more difficult to find. The print run is smaller and I've heard horror stories from friends about the condition in which their RRP arrived (let's just say that Diamond was not super concerned about the book arriving in pristine condition). Both books are amazing and there's no need for Jonathan and BKV to fight. They're both cool dudes. Why can't we root for douches to fight? :-)

+1 with Ryan. The saga rrp is better art. It made me laugh when someone called the saga rrp cute . Really?

The EoW rrp in high grade is more rare compared to saga, yeah. I prefer the forbidden planet cover art over the rrp. Again, I'm talking about cover art not scarcity.

Are the CGC Census numbers correct for the EoW #1 RRP: 23 Universal 9.8's and 17 SS 9.8's? Or am I looking at wrong thing? I feel like most of the ones I have seen pop-up for sale are SS, so I figured there'd be more yellow than blue on the census.

I had two Universal 9.8's, but sold one a couple months ago to a fellow boardie. The one I have left actually belongs to my wife (I purchased the raw copy, but she paid for it and slabbing costs) and seems prices have gone up a bit since. At my suggestion, she got it as a "high risk investment" and looks like now might be a good time for her to sell.

hm