• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

Yeah.. kinda kicking myself for not being patient on the Hardcover... even though it's only $15/20 bucks difference from what I paid. Not like I haven't wasted 20 bucks on worse things.

I can't complain too much since I had some great raw karma at my local con a couple weeks back (non EOW books).

i tell my self that same thing when i make a dumb purchase it happens all the time i say Mark your fat just ate a saga #1 ss for take out last week then you smoked a RRP worth of bud last month. lol

i tell my self that same thing when i make a dumb purchase it happens all the time i say Mark your fat just ate a saga #1 ss for take out last week then you smoked a RRP worth of bud last month. lol

:roflmao:

I'm moving into a new place in a couple months.... having a hard time accepting that $ and lack of space will be a factor in keeping my comic habit up. Bargaining between going out to dinner less or buying less comics is a constant struggle. hm I may end up unloading a few sets of East of West then, but by god I'm holding onto the RRP for as long as possible unless prices get crazy.

Edited by Rhymenoceros

:roflmao:

I'm moving into a new place in a couple months.... having a hard time accepting that $ and lack of space will be a factor in keeping my comic habit up. Bargaining between going out to dinner less or buying less comics is a constant struggle. hm I may end up unloading a few sets of East of West then, but by god I'm holding onto the RRP for as long as possible unless prices get crazy.

I am doing the same i know i will regret it. I had to put like 50sets of 1-5 on the sales thread to get some cash for bills and the holiday but the RRP and at least another 30 to 50 sets will stay with me for the long haul and continue to grow i know i wont regret this move.

Edited by emezy360

Yeah.. kinda kicking myself for not being patient on the Hardcover... even though it's only $15/20 bucks difference from what I paid. Not like I haven't wasted 20 bucks on worse things.

I can't complain too much since I had some great raw karma at my local con a couple weeks back (non EOW books).

I fell out of my chair laughing, hahaha.

You are crazy dude lol

Yeah I'd be all over it if it wasn't already creeping into out of my price range territory already with days to go. I never understand why people bid like crazy early into auctions, you're not going to get it for $80 with four days to go!!!!

Why is it throwing money away?

If someone comes in and tries to snipe me at the end, they still have a set number they bid, as do I.

Plus I'm too damn busy to do that last second stuff. I just bid, and go about my business.

You may be able to convince me otherwise, but it all seems the same to me in the end.

Sniping manually i agree, is a waste of time.

i use gixen.com to do my sniping.

Using this method is akin to not showing your hand too early. Also, when someone places their "Max Bid" early, that leads to others (as well as sellers possibly) chipping away at what you've bid by placing small increment bids, costing you money if your max bid does hold up.