• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

+1000 tried resisting joining in the love fest, but I couldn't. Great summary Authority...but the questions I have brewing are geared towards the ending lol I know it's dumb to be thinking about how this book will eventually end, I should just enjoy the ride, but nonetheless I can't help myself. I'm torn between the following options:

1. The Apocalypse Succeeds, world ends and leads to a "heavenly" afterlife and all the death/murder/destruction is for a greater good.

2. The Apocalypse Succeeds, world ends, but leads to "nothingness" , there's no afterlife, prophecy is fulfilled yet it ultimately means nothing.

3. The Apocalypse is avoided because Death "screws" things up and the 4 Horsemen can't carry our their ultimate purpose.

4. The Apocalypse doesn't happen...for some yet to be determined reason.

I love this book, but I cannot stop thinking about how they will ultimately end it, it's driving me crazy. Nothing ruins a great story like a crappy ending....*cough cough* Dexter/Sopranos *cough cough* :)

Considering this is Hickman...

The ending of another Hickman book, Ex Machina, suggests that Hickman likes to pit destiny against ego, with destiny winning, so I think the Apocalypse will come about, but it won't be as absolute as choices #1 or #2 suggest. Death will probably get what he wants (i.e. his love & his child), but the other Horsemen will extract its toll, resulting in the end of the world, and yet some type of rebirth emerging from the ruins.

I also doubt he'll make any commentary about any "afterlife." In Hickman's books, when you're dead, you're dead.

My $'s on death sacrificing himself to stop the apocalypse from taking place, thus saving his son and wife. But who knows, we're only on issue 8, and this is easily my favorite new book of 2013. Never thought anything could make saga look lacklustre in comparison, but the scope of EOW is staggering. So many players/possibilities...

My $'s on death sacrificing himself to stop the apocalypse from taking place, thus saving his son and wife. But who knows, we're only on issue 8, and this is easily my favorite new book of 2013. Never thought anything could make saga look lacklustre in comparison, but the scope of EOW is staggering. So many players/possibilities...

My money is on Death's kid Luke learning from Death... " I am your father... " in a really deep, canned voice. Just a hunch :P

Ohhhhh man... here comes TBP

All the RRP's I had signed just got listed as 9.8! In fact, all 25 books I sent to NYCC came back 9.8! Stoked! I'm going to have a pretty impatient week waiting for these to come back in the mail, but really glad they got graded how they did. I'll share some pictures once their in hand.

Glad that those came out alright!

Again beerthirty. You are the man. I really appreciate all the help, advice, etc. If theres any way I can ever return the favor, dont hessitate to ask.

No worries at all. Thank YOU so much for helping support the Hero Initiative.