• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

ordered 20 from dcb at 50% off

lol, i was trying to reply from the "i may, and you already updated it, to DID.

@50% off, you cant really lose. That's less than a good meal at mc donalds :D

i have no problem ordering that many of a hickman title...unless it's Secret :cry:

Never bought into that one, worked out ok. I think the fact that this team is celebrated already for the FF stuff, is going to have an impact. Same way pundits and bloggers launched the Wii to success in the last gen console wars. Social Media and Web buzz matters to getting eyes on a book, this one has that via critic anticipation, PLUS cover of previews.

It might not be an instant craze like Star Wars, but its going to do well. I still think it will become his main book and start to dent Manhattan

I may order more. Im still trying to get rid of multiple copies of secret.

I think I pre-ordered a few when i made this thread (like i did with star wars), but cant remember lol, gonna have to check the email. I think I just did 5. Been spending way to much lately.

Lets just hope we do not see multiple variants

Amen

I may order more. Im still trying to get rid of multiple copies of secret.

I think I pre-ordered a few when i made this thread (like i did with star wars), but cant remember lol, gonna have to check the email. I think I just did 5. Been spending way to much lately.

only 5 myself. I still kick myself for not doing the same with MPjs, saga, TOT. I might as well. If i order another 15 Im only out 40 bucks

General rule of thumb: When everyone you know is buying multiples, this will inflate the print run and limit upside. When there is a thread like this geared around speculation on a book that hasn't even come out yet, that makes me want to look elsewhere.

General rule of thumb: When everyone you know is buying multiples, this will inflate the print run and limit upside. When there is a thread like this geared around speculation on a book that hasn't even come out yet, that makes me want to look elsewhere.

The star wars one didnt have a pre-thread, I made it once i saw the bleedingcool article cause i knew it was going to spike the books.

What are your thoughts there? It's worth noting, the Bedlam, Revival, etc, got lots of push from Image as this one is, Revival is doing well, Bedlam is still wait and see. What are your thoughts on those?

This book looks cool from the art I've seen, but I wouldn't expect a small print run. I think the days of big Image books coming in under 30K are behind us.

what big shows are in April? There will most certainly be a variant for those shows.

WonderCon

FanExpo

C2E2

These 3 shows come to mind.

From a promotional standpoint, all 3 of these shows make sense to run variants to promote a new title that just came out and to reward those in attendance.

Edited by Mangbus

I was completely wrong about Saga, i thought 37k was way too many copies to increase the values of the #1s as high as they have been. Then again Saga is probably a bolt of lightning that strikes every few years.

The same can be said about the story itself. A sci-fi book that is attracting non sci-fi fans and even casual comic book readers.

I passed along the trade to two of my friends that rarely buy floppies and now they are hooked.

this is spot on. this is why i'd rather buy at 15% off cover after they've been printed, then pay 50% off cover before, because they'll just print that many more when printing them in the first place.