• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

For exmaple, lets look at Peter Panzerfaust. Kurtis and Tyler are basically making the book for nothing while people in the secondary market are cashing on issue #1. How does the secondary market help them?

Well, issue #1 is $250 raw and issue #8, which still has a super low print run is $25. Speculators see those numbers and go directly to dcb or midtown and place an order for 50 copies of whatever issue is currently up for Previews ordering. Preorders are going to explode for issue #10 based on spec buying.

East of West is going to have a 30K+ print run only because of the aftermarket sucess of Saga, Nowhere Men and Manhattan Projects, among others. All of the jackazzes (myself included) are preordering the hell out of it, hoping for another $20 plus back issue.

The increase in ordering is directly tied to the secondary market.

For exmaple, lets look at Peter Panzerfaust. Kurtis and Tyler are basically making the book for nothing while people in the secondary market are cashing on issue #1. How does the secondary market help them?

Well, issue #1 is $250 raw and issue #8, which still has a super low print run is $25. Speculators see those numbers and go directly to dcb or midtown and place an order for 50 copies of whatever issue is currently up for Previews ordering. Preorders are going to explode for issue #10 based on spec buying.

East of West is going to have a 30K+ print run only because of the aftermarket sucess of Saga, Nowhere Men and Manhattan Projects, among others. All of the jackazzes (myself included) are preordering the hell out of it, hoping for another $20 plus back issue.

Do you think it will be 30K for the first print or will Image pull the old 1st - 2nd - 3rd - 4th prints ala Saga?

Do you think it will be 30K for the first print or will Image pull the old 1st - 2nd - 3rd - 4th prints ala Saga?

Or like Dark Horse with Star Wars on their third print lol

I thought image made a big deal about limiting reprintings this year or is that just for saga

I heard that was for later issues, say after #3 or 4 of a series has been released. The overall feel is retailers should have a better idea of what to order by then; thus additional printings wouldn't be needed.

I ordered 12 copies of East of West #1...just kind of rolling the dice here.

I ordered 10 copies of Mind The Gap #1 and it turned into nothing.

Ordered 10 copies of Bedlam #1, but then trusted my gut feeling, so I canceled the order, glad I did, was way over promoted IMO.

Imagine having ordered a 100 copies of Peter Panzerfaust #1, then they all come back 9.8's and a 9.9 or a 10.0 to boot? :D

East of West is going to have a very high print run. Don't see the value of it going up unless someone grabs it for a TV show.

Why not? Saga had a high print run and look what happened.

This discussion really makes me laugh. Nobody knows anything about the plot or the art, apart from one cover, and already people are spouting forth on whether or not it will go up in value. That will be determined based on the quality of the book - if t's great, like Saga, then a high print run will be neither here nor there. If it's rubbish, like Epic Kill, then a low print run won't make it valuable.

Some ridiculous statements being made.

East of West is going to have a very high print run. Don't see the value of it going up unless someone grabs it for a TV show.

Why not? Saga had a high print run and look what happened.

This discussion really makes me laugh. Nobody knows anything about the plot or the art, apart from one cover, and already people are spouting forth on whether or not it will go up in value. That will be determined based on the quality of the book - if t's great, like Saga, then a high print run will be neither here nor there. If it's rubbish, like Epic Kill, then a low print run won't make it valuable.

Some ridiculous statements being made.

You hit it right on the button ^^

Well said Tim!

Oh and if you go back a page or two,there are 2 pages of art inc the cover for #2.

Do you like it?