• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

Reasons have of course been discussed at length on each prediction as to why EoW isn't a HUGE money making book yet, but everyone has a valid point in some regard:

Multiple #1 Variant covers...

Decent size print runs…

Story not as intriguing to a wide array of comic fans…

Collectors buying in bulk without a large enough market wanting to buy…

even some are turned off by Hickman's cover layouts.

East of West is my #1 must read book right now.. so that's obviously not me. I don't think there's one blanket statement as to why it's not a $20 book for the regular cover… but all of these certainly factor into it.

BUT.. as Captain Obvious would say… a comic is (only) worth what someone will pay for it. I personally witnessed someone at a small local show pay $15 for the regular #1 first print (NM+) just 3 weeks ago.

A #1 first read for a lot of us I would think.

:sumo: East of West :sumo:

I personally witnessed someone at a small local show pay $15 for the regular #1 first print (NM+) just 3 weeks ago.

If you add in grading fees, they are going for about that on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=East+of+West+1+CGC&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&LH_Sold=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=200&_fpos=&_fsct=&LH_SALE_CURRENCY=0&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=25&LH_Complete=1

better be with the Ranger & Death meating.

You think they will ? I thought they were supposed to last issue but not even close. Hickman and Dragotta talk about a 50 issue run but I think they are pacing the story for something longer.

You think they will ? I thought they were supposed to last issue but not even close. Hickman and Dragotta talk about a 50 issue run but I think they are pacing the story for something longer.

^^

I asked Nick about this a while back. There WILL be a showdown, but not going to happen for a while yet. They're thinking of making it a double issue. :wishluck:

However, I haven't heard of any change to the estimated length of the series. 50-60 is what I've always understood.

^^

I asked Nick about this a while back. There WILL be a showdown, but not going to happen for a while yet. They're thinking of making it a double issue. :wishluck:

However, I haven't heard of any change to the estimated length of the series. 50-60 is what I've always understood.

That is awesome ! Old school stuff with the double sized issue would be great. I picture Iron Man #150 or something along those lines in that I believe it will be very memorable. Thanks for the info.

^^

50-60 issues is still solid. I'm good with that #

^^

meeting, not meating...not sure what I was thinking.

^^

meeting, not meating...not sure what I was thinking.

I thought you meant they were going to share a big steak. :grin:

Do CGC 9.6s bother people to the point where they will pay more for a NM raw than a 9.6 ? A link to this auction was sent to me and I definitely would have paid more for the book. I just missed it.

Forbidden Planet #1 CGC 9.6 $13.50 + $10 shipping

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EAST-OF-WEST-1-Hickman-Image-FOrbidden-Planet-variant-CGC-9-6-/131127385931?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item1e87cd1f4b

Raw NM/M $32.99 free shipping

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EAST-OF-WEST-1-IMAGE-FORBIDDEN-PLANET-variant-Hickman-Nick-Dragotta-NM-M-/151239687207?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2336967c27

Thoughts ?