• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

EoW Thread :cloud9:

Good point Authority, not sure, I'd be curious to hear others opinions. 9.6s tend to be the bologna of modern slabs for some reason.

lol

Can't speak for others, but when it comes to moderns it's 9.8 or better all day for me. Same holds true for most coppers.

Edited by jreezy

Do CGC 9.6s bother people to the point where they will pay more for a NM raw than a 9.6 ? A link to this auction was sent to me and I definitely would have paid more for the book. I just missed it.

Forbidden Planet #1 CGC 9.6 $13.50 + $10 shipping

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EAST-OF-WEST-1-Hickman-Image-FOrbidden-Planet-variant-CGC-9-6-/131127385931?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item1e87cd1f4b

Raw NM/M $32.99 free shipping

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EAST-OF-WEST-1-IMAGE-FORBIDDEN-PLANET-variant-Hickman-Nick-Dragotta-NM-M-/151239687207?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2336967c27

Thoughts ?

With a nm/m raw you sell the dream of a 9.8

$13.50 for a 9.6 is great value. It'll be hard to pass that up.

The thing is with the 9.6's in my collection, i get OCD and crave to upgrade to a 9.8. =(

With silver and bronze , I don't mind low to mid grade copies.

Would you guys pay $13.50 for a 9.0 or 8.5?

If its a book I like, or Copper and older, absolutely.

For a brand new modern, despite what some people try to peddle, they are all too easy in Ultra High Grade to be bothered with an 8.5.

But really, when the price is below the subbing fee, at $13.50 all you need to ask yourself, is do I want to own this. Because the book is free, you are just paying for the case ;)

I'd get a 9.0 for less than the price of a case if I really just wanted to have the single issue on a budget. Saves me time and hassle as someone who isn't big into the collecting scene nor has the money to do so, but still wants to have a copy of the book in decent condition for a long time.

For a brand new modern, despite what some people try to peddle, they are all too easy in Ultra High Grade to be bothered with an 8.5.

But really, when the price is below the subbing fee, at $13.50 all you need to ask yourself, is do I want to own this. Because the book is free, you are just paying for the case ;)

True. I will admit a book sure does look better in a CGC case across all grade levels.

True. I will admit a book sure does look better in a CGC case across all grade levels.

:takeit:lol

you cant lose buying a 9.6 for less than it costs to slab :), especially once you factor in shipping to CGC. I'd buy any book in 9.6 for $13.50!

yes, I would buy that book all day long. you can't beat the price.

Edited by vhunter