• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Psychics Lounge: Predictions Wanted!

33 posts in this topic

[font:Times New Roman]Everyone likes to discuss topics about the direction the hobby is taking, speculating about anticipated events or in reaction to unexpected occurrences and changes in the market. I think it would be fun to analyze recent events, make predictions about where the hobby is going and then review those predictions later on to see where things actually end up.

So, for all of you Nostradamus's out there, this is your shot at looking into the future!

............................................................................................................. smiley-gata.gif

I'll start this thread off by combining two much discussed topics on these boards (GA & General): CVA's labeling service and the timing of CGC's recent acquisition of Classics Incorporated under the Collector's Society banner. Is this merely a fortuitous coincidence or is there more going on here? hm

Speculation: With the addition of Matt Nelson's service to the CGC fold, after market labeling might become obsolete overnight. With a simple label notation (star or similar indicator), exceptional graded copies could be noted along with an in-house upgrade path. Given this scenario, Matt's pre-screening would provide added expertise and a CGC label notation would be the equivalent of CVA's add-on label for exceptional example in grade. As an added bonus, label notations would provide an indicator of which candidates might be suitable to resubmit through the in-house pressing service for a grade bump.

Any thoughts?[/font]

people will still crack and resub thinking they are better than Matt.

[font:Times New Roman]Granted and a very good point, but strategically and purely as a matter of speculation, do you see a potential upside of these two apparently unrelated events for CGC?[/font] hm

. . . I think it would be fun to analyze recent events, make predictions about where the hobby is going and then review those predictions later on to see where things actually end up. . .

This statement reminds me of the long discussions being shared back in 2008/9.

If someone had those threads backed up and reprinted them here, we could verify who amongst us knows how to MANNUP.

I predict that on the morning of January 11, 2018 Billy Parker will post a scan of some comic book and then make a funny response to another board member's post.

I predict that next year ciorac will lament his lack of funds to purchase some expensive grail book.

I predict that davidmerryweather will post a picture of himself in some exotic locale, holding a pint. The vision is a little fuzzy, but I think this picture will be posted sometime in the next six months.

I predict that Mark Zaid will tell us all about his endeavor to clear up any appearance of impropriety surrounding CGC.

I predict that Mark Zaid will tell us all about his endeavor to clear up any appearance of impropriety surrounding CGC.

I predict no one will give a mess.

Even with that it will be the longest winded thread of the year. :popcorn:

Fixed.

I predict that davidmerryweather will post a picture of himself in some exotic locale, holding a pint. The vision is a little fuzzy, but I think this picture will be posted sometime in the next six months.

I've always wondered if he would lose his super strength if he cut his hair.

I predict that Gator will fart, then misspell something and then fart again.

Fixed that for you. (thumbs u

...and I predict that the cause of said farting will be an overly generous dosage of Coke Zero.

Conclusive prediction unless otherwise proven