• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Star Wars - New 2013 Ongoing from Dark Horse

505 posts in this topic

It's pre-ordered on my pull list, 1 copy for moi. Passed YESTERDAY on ordering more copies from alternate locations.

BubblingCool.com BleedingCool.com post an article on it selling out, and now it's GONG show time. Found a source and ordered a bunch, not sure if the order will be honored. Looks like the feeding frenzy is on.

Discuss.....

star-wars-alex-ross.jpg

I've been enjoying 'The Massive' & 'Conan' from Brian wood so I picked this up. I liked the art and enjoyed the story. It's interesting because it takes place after 'A new Hope' so Luke doesn't know who his father is and he doesn't know Leia is his sister.

Story Spoilers for people wondering about the premise

It starts out after the Deathstar has been destroyed. The empire is trying to rebuild and regroup while the rebels are scouring the universe trying to find a planet that they can setup shop.

If you want to hear more about it, Brian Wood did a podcast about it over on iFanboy: http://ifanboy.com/podcasts/dont-miss-star-wars-1-with-brian-wood/

A bonus for me is that surprisingly there was 0 variants :boo: . The issue is only 2.99 and it comes with a free digital code.

for those checking, midtown, mycomicshop, forbiddenplanet, are all sold out.

feel free to post any links you find. I think this might be an out of left field mover.

and for thosebackpages....

as near as i can tell, NO variants

Wait a sec..I thought they were letting the current license to expire and then over to Marvel.

If you check out the podcast over at ifanboy Brian talks about this and says that he hasn't heard anything official. Anything that's been said regarding the future of the comics is just rumours at the moment.

He said he's already done writing issue 6 I think it was. He mentioned there are some big star wars projects that haven't even been announced yet.

It's pre-ordered on my pull list, 1 copy for moi. Passed YESTERDAY on ordering more copies from alternate locations.

BubblingCool.com BleedingCool.com post an article on it selling out, and now it's GONG show time. Found a source and ordered a bunch, not sure if the order will be honored. Looks like the feeding frenzy is on.

Discuss.....

star-wars-alex-ross.jpg

It will peak at a $15 comic in about 6 weeks.

Then burst to UN-sellable at cover price.

WHY?

Because of a term I coined 15 years ago: "Dark Horse Lazy"

They will reprint with the Exact. Same. Cover.

What Dark Horse comic from the last 15 years is worth money?

One could also argue that the entire Image company and all there comics IS the modern comics bubble. Lot's of Image books have inflated values JUST because they are Image, and Image happened to produce WD. No proof any of the books we routinely talk about round here have LONG TERM value.

I ordered StarWars for myself to read cause its ongoing and I love Star Wars. If it's going to be a big seller, I want more than one copy so I can slab my own 9.8s and dont have to buy them. Same goes for any variant. If I can sell the rest to make mine free, all the better.

But I wouldnt sleep on this one. With Star Wars movies coming, possibly TV shows, and the first REAL ongoing comic since Marvels 70s one, with critical acclaim already coming in, plus the insane fan base.....

If it's been under-ordered too??

I think it will do just fine. If it falls, it will be when the whole market falls anyway.... Right now they are still being bought for cover btw.

I dont think people should be paying more than that for them. Got any for sale at your store(s).??? I'd be happy to give you some business....

I pre-ordered this issue only. I'm interested in the creators' take on the book, but with Marvel most likely taking the license back in a year or two, it's difficult for me to care. I have to assume Marvel will start over, at least to some degree.

If a book is of quality & appeals to me personally, it HAS value.

Entertainment value.

I buy what I like.

I have great speculative skills.

If its worth a red cent.

Great.

If not, I like the material.

With only a hasting variant, you should get them to do a Phantom while its hot, or will DH not work with the program?

Do a retro cover hat tip to:

http://0.tqn.com/w/experts/Comic-books-Comics-683/2009/01/Star-Wars-1.jpg

and include the 35 cent diamond.....it'll sell :D AND PUT THE PHANTOM LOGO IN THE DIAMOND

that's gold right thur....

lol looks like we spoke too soon about there being no variants.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=43135

http://www.darkhorse.com/Blog/1249/announcing-four-extremely-limited-pencil-variants

So it looks like they will not be using the same coloured cover for the reprint? Just the pencils or do they mean something else by 'no trade dress"

If a book is of quality & appeals to me personally, it HAS value.

Entertainment value.

I buy what I like.

I have great speculative skills.

If its worth a red cent.

Great.

If not, I like the material.

With only a hasting variant, you should get them to do a Phantom while its hot, or will DH not work with the program?

Do a retro cover hat tip to:

http://0.tqn.com/w/experts/Comic-books-Comics-683/2009/01/Star-Wars-1.jpg

and include the 35 cent diamond.....it'll sell :D AND PUT THE PHANTOM LOGO IN THE DIAMOND

that's gold right thur....

That is indeed a gem.

Look for the good Phantom's entry point to Dark Horse in May.

:)