• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has there ever been a role with more perfect casting than...

136 posts in this topic

Arthur Lake and Penny Singleton in the 28 "Blondie" movies from 1938-1950 :applause:

:o(worship)

I will add Constance Bennett, Cary Grant and Roland Young in TOPPER

William Powell and Myrna Loy in the THIN MAN series

Humphrey Bogart, Sydney Greenstreet and Mary Astor in THE MALTESE FALCON

How has Samuel L Jackson as Nick Fury not been mentioned?
Because Nick Fury is a white guy? :shrug:

Ultimate..

The movies should not be jamming Ultimate universe characters and storylines down our throat. If they were so great they would have lasted more than a decade. I know Ultimate Spider-Man was huge but that literally died and X-Men got hot and flamed out quick. No one seemed to give a about the rest.

Ultimate..

The movies should not be jamming Ultimate universe characters and storylines down our throat. If they were so great they would have lasted more than a decade. I know Ultimate Spider-Man was huge but that literally died and X-Men got hot and flamed out quick. No one seemed to give a about the rest.

[font:Book Antiqua]Samuel L Jackson as Nick Fury in the movies = Ok, fine with me

African America Nick Fury in the Marvel Now Universe = WTF[/font]

:censored:

Downey Jr. as Stark?

I think NOT! :sumo:

Mel Gibson in Mad Max, Braveheart etc.

And now Tom Hardy is going to that up too...which I was going to mention in my earlier post. That movie will just another post apocalyptic film. Without Mel there is no Mad Max.

Heck, let me add some more:

Peter Sellers as Inspector Clouseau

Anthony Hopkins as Hannibal Lechter and Capt Bligh in the Bounty( puts Clark Gable/ :Laughton in the back seats)

Humphrey Bogart in Casablanca

John Wayne in the man who shot Liberty Valance

and while we're at it Lee Marvin as Liberty Valance: he was the baddest thing to patrol the wild wild west and was feared by everyone: except John Wayne!

Anthony Perkins as Norman bates in Psycho!

Russell Crowe as Maximus in Gladiator

Warren Beatty as Bugsy "Twenty dwarves took turns doing handstands on the carpet.

Twenty dwarves took turns doing handstands on the carpet."

Jack Nicholson as R P McMurphy in One Flew over the Cukoos Nest...and in Kubrick(The Master) The Shining...

Kevin Spacey in American Beauty and A Time to Kill

John Travolta in Get Shorty as Chili Palmer: Honorable mentions to Delroy Lindo and Dennis Farina.

William H. Macy as Lundergaard in Fargo: " Well HECK..if thatsda whadday meeean?"

more later

Sahakian just left me two negatives

Ultimate..

[font:Book Antiqua]Samuel L Jackson as Nick Fury in the movies = Ok, fine with me

304.gif

Ultimate..

304.gif

[font:Book Antiqua]It’s not.

The whole idea of replace a well know character

for someone else,

just because its popular in a different media revenue it’s ridiculous...[/font]

IMO as far as comic related movies I at first was skeptical about Hugh Jackman as Wolverine, but really think he did a bang up job on that role! Love Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man as well!

Past twenty years or so, really liked Michael Clarke Duncan as John Coffey in the Green Mile! And a huge fan of Al Pacino, one of his movies which kinda gets less credit is Sea of Love!

jk-simmons-jj-jameson_zpsb657e4b2.jpg

Worked for me.

I thought he did well, though he wasn't nearly as ornery as the comic book JJJ. But they probably didn't want to scare the kids in the audience. You could feel the hatred he had for Spidey in the comics (strong word, but that's how it felt).

Boris Karloff as the Frankenstein Monster

Bela Lugosi as Dracula

Errol Flynn as Robin Hood

Clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry

Jimmy Stewart as George Bailey

Sean Connery as James Bond

Rita Hayworth as Gilda :luhv: