• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rider Reader?

11 posts in this topic

So you do have a reader copy... sumo.gif

27_laughing.gif...

and here I was thinking you only had 9.6 copies of GR #1, and M. Spotlights sitting around. cloud9.gif

Fess up Dice..how much of that reader wear was done by you?..... devil.gif

And would a computer savy person please explain to me-

Why..when I clik on a file, or attachment (such as this scan of DiceX) or especially on many Ebay listings.

The file starts to DL.... I start to see a really, really large oversized version of the scan appear.

( which is what I prefer)

Then, once the file is completed.. it shrinks down to less then half the of what I viewed as it was DL'ing. 893frustrated.gif

Then he extra large scan is gonzo for good.... and I am forced to either save the file, look at it in photoshop.. or dump cache and reload page.

Many times I am just surfing, and only wish to look closely at a Ebay listing for a sec... but the scan always gets shrinky dinky on me after DL'ing.

Is there an I.E. setting I can change to allow larger scans to remain, once the page is loaded ?

Does this just have to do with how the photo is hosted, and I am S@*% outa L.

Any advice or viewing tips would be mucho helpful.

I run..

RR cable modem.

Linksys router.

Dell p3 Dimension.

I.E. browser.

Win98

Ren And Stimpy Mousepad

Thnx

Z

In the menu at the top...Click "Tools", then "Internet Options".

Click the tab on the right "Advanced".

Now uncheck "Enable Automatic Image Resizing".

I've not done it in a while.

Boot up in DOS, and at the prompt type: fomat c:\-u

Or something to that effect.

And yes...I have a reader copy.

devil.gif

In the 70's there was a shop in Liverpool ( England ) called " Easy Reader " sold second hand comics cheap .

Was a good shop the title of this thread reminded me of it and the good times I had going through all those boxes .