• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC vs PGX part 2 & 3 Rant (Updated)

62 posts in this topic

lol

pf2_zpsf2049c12.gif

He's an odd guy, that one. One minute he's earnestly and eloquently discussing the wretched plight of the obese nerd, the next, he's doing this childish caricature sending them up.

These are the kind of nut jobs you have to worry about shooting up schools. :eek:

lol he's just mad and I think he's flat out wrong. I would never spend over 1k on a non cgc book. The good old days when I did that it turns out the book came back restored. I rather be kinda of for sure than risk it. Also any cgc book I buy off bids in auctions when I sell it in the future I always get more money back than what I spent.

I sent this guy the Ryan Elliot thread link so he gets a look at the books many of us have caught being cracked out of CGC cases, signed by Stan Lee, and then being bumped 5x grades.

If he has any desire for credibility, he may realize how much he didn't know about the encased comic book market and change his tune.

Well, I got my response. lol

And this comes from big collectors and stores who have seen an improvement in the PGX style of grading, and a decline in the CGC style of grading.

doh!

Man, don't bother. It's frustrating enough trying to have a serious discussion on a message board, because of time lag and how easy it is to pick the parts of a post people want to reply to. Trying to do so with someone on YouTube is just a recipe for heartache. It's just way too easy for him to distort/twist/ignore whatever he wants.

Man, don't bother. It's frustrating enough trying to have a serious discussion on a message board, because of time lag and how easy it is to pick the parts of a post people want to reply to. Trying to do so with someone on YouTube is just a recipe for heartache. It's just way too easy for him to distort/twist/ignore whatever he wants.

:gossip: He said "Judge Dredd" was the greatest movie ever made in one of his videos. :o

Go get 'em!

:fear:

:gossip: He said "Judge Dredd" was the greatest movie ever made in one of his videos. :o

Go get 'em!

:fear:

O, it's on!!

Yeah he will probably post another video on yet another rant in response. Interesting though for him to say he only owns CGC slabs, has not submitted books for grading, & have this view. At least he has not ranted on about signatures on comics yet :popcorn:

Whoever is sending this guy messages,

You're making the wrong arguments about grade drops ect..

The MAIN reason why CGC is better than PGX is because CGC is owned and backed NCG which is a larger company. CGC has EXPERT graders...PGX has a lone guy in the basement grading books, plus there's no quality control.

And this guy claims to own CGC books, but talks about PGX like they're the best second...when in realiy, they are not.

Whoever is sending this guy messages,

You're making the wrong arguments about grade drops ect..

The MAIN reason why CGC is better than PGX is because CGC is owned and backed NCG which is a larger company. CGC has EXPERT graders...PGX has a lone guy in the basement grading books, plus there's no quality control.

And this claims to to own CGC books, but talks about PGX like they're the best second...when in realiy, they are not.

Disagree. The reason CGC is better is because PGX doesn't seem to give a rat's azz about public perception.

After the Ewert mess CGC got him out of sight, closed ways people were connecting the dots,and issued checks. For whatever reason PGX can't or won't shut Ryan down or cut him off.

Otherwise there's been plenty of posters here saying they sub PGX to CGC and get the same or a bump. There's been tales of found restoration when subbing PGX to CGC, but that happens resubbing CGC back to CGC too.

Cause Ryan is good friends with the owner/trash head of PGX.

And my post is correct. CGC = credible

PGX = something else

Any insufficiently_thoughtful_person can grade a modern book.

Has the relationship between Ryan and PGX ever been defined? Is he an ivestor like Halperin? A co-owner? Relative? Friend? He seems to have access to the labelmaker, whatever the relationship.

PGX = something else

Has the relationship between Ryan and PGX ever been defined? Is he an ivestor like Halperin? A co-owner? Relative? Friend? He seems to have access to the labelmaker, whatever the relationship.

:popcorn:

Where is Erik when you need him :baiting:

PGX = something else

:popcorn:

Where is Erik when you need him :baiting:

Any clue what his deal is with PGX? One would think a relative or friend would've been dealt with early on. Great harm to PGX and drug other names through the mud over long periods of time. And PGX doesn' t seem to have the juice to reign him in.