• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What impact will the payroll tax hike have on your spending?

30 posts in this topic

I'm going to sell comics at a rate just enough to cover the lost wage. NO...NO, better yet, I'm going to up my 401k contribution and really stick it to the fed. UP YOURS FEDERALIES!!!

The irony of your statement is hilarious.

I won't be changing my comic buying this year due to the ending of the Payroll Tax Holiday.

It wasn't a hike. It was the planned expiration of a tax holiday. It won't impact my buying or selling at all.

Exactly. Since we were actually given an extra year above and beyond, I planned accordingly and this won't affect my spending habits.

Dan

My New Year's resolution was to reduce spending this year so the ending of the tax holiday is nothing more than a coincidence. However, in reality, I do admit that during the tax holiday I probably should have been saving more in order to do even better during this time period.

If my wife had any choice she would be selling all of my comics and having me spend nothing on them. I keep telling her that she will be a rich woman when I die. What between my comics, Star Wars toys, and Lego. She will be living the lifestyle of the rich and not famous!

This year though I will be trying to cut back a little to save more for my grail.

The average low information voter isn't as intuitive and it will affect their spending. Comics will be the 1st thing to be dropped.

I seriously doubt that.People who read comics or have any hobby will drop many other things before their hobby. But keep trying to bring politics into it.

Here is some irony for you- there is only one news network I ever hear the term " low information voter" mentioned, yet in survey after survey it turns out that their listeners are the least informed. Funny how everyone but them realizes it

If anyone here is living so hand to mouth that a 2% increase in your FICA effects you to any serious extent, I suggest you find a second job.

Spend one four hour shift per week delivering pizza and you'll have enough to feed your comic habit.

The average low information voter isn't as intuitive and it will affect their spending. Comics will be the 1st thing to be dropped.

I seriously doubt that.People who read comics or have any hobby will drop many other things before their hobby. But keep trying to bring politics into it.

Here is some irony for you- there is only one news network I ever hear the term " low information voter" mentioned, yet in survey after survey it turns out that their listeners are the least informed. Funny how everyone but them realizes it

If anyone here is living so hand to mouth that a 2% increase in your FICA effects you to any serious extent, I suggest you find a second job.

Spend one four hour shift per week delivering pizza and you'll have enough to feed your comic habit.

I was being sarcastic :baiting: