• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

To Neg or not to Neg that is the question?

8 posts in this topic

I am fairly new to Ebay selling and recently had a buyer use the buy it now for an item.I went through the routine of waiting a week and then sending a reminder and then sent emails through ebay and my other two email addresses in case the buyer had one of them blocked.I got no response until I finally left a message on their machine as they had a phone number in their contact info.This is the response I got with no editing:

Dear grassy-knoll,

i'm sorry i did not get this message to you earlier but i was away. I'm really sorry but i am not going to buy this item . Im really sorry.I promise i will not do this agein.Realy sorry.

What I'm seeing leads me to believe a younger person has used his parents account.Previous sales do include comics that apparently have been paid for and two neutrals that say transaction cancelled. I emailed the buyer and asked that they respond with positive feedback if they really wanted the auction cancelled.Unbelievably positive feedback was left when I awoke.The item was a $20.00 buy it now.What should I do? 893frustrated.gif

File a NPB if you haven't yet done so; then after another week, file to get your final value fees back from ebay. There is an option to state that the buyer and seller have mutually decided not to complete the sale. There will be no mark against the buyer for backing out in that case. If you want you can send the buyer an email heads up that you are going to get your fees back from ebay and he should ignore whatever email notification he receives from ebay regarding this. For a $20 sale it's not a lot on the final value fee, but since it's easy to do, might as well get that small credit to your account, right?

I thank you all for your wisdom. My first instinct was to neg the %$#^&* but then my concience got the better of me and I thought I'd ask you guys. I'll do the final value thing and leave the rest to the next person he stiffs. Thanks. ( :