• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Clip or rip?

6 posts in this topic

I saw this listing on ebay for an FF1 in F/VF:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fantastic-Four-1-Vol-1-High-Grade-F-VF-7-0-Original-1961-Unrestored-/261151192056?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item3ccdd2f3f8

Seems like a very nice copy, save the coupon neatly clipped out from last page (2nd to last pic, does not affect story).

Now, am I correct to assume that this book (given no resto) would get a Qualified label? If so, would it be better to actually rip the page AROUND the clipping, as if it were an accident, not an intentional clip? That is, not a cut coupon, but rather a defect that will be incorporated into the (blue) grade? Would this book get a blue label with a ripped, not clipped, page?

ah - did not know that u can specify. u think an otherwise 7.5 would get a 2.5 just due to a clipped coupon? (pretend this isn't BB)

and many thanks for letting me know who this seller is - he has me blocked anyway - i hassled him too much in the past (thumbs u