• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Albuquerque Comic Con Sketches and sigs!

45 posts in this topic

She was my first stop at Megacon last year, I was lucky enough to get a fellow boardie a nice sketch. I dont' think she did maybe 5 or so sketches bc she loved chatting and enjoying the show. Very cool lady :)

Tristan those Cherry sketches are crazy. Do you give Larry hints or does he just do his thing? If any of those showed up at my house I would have to find a boardie to room with lol

Not all of the books are mine, but Larry is just great at taking a suggestion from a fan and going wild with it. He is truly a master of satire and a great artist. I believe his blank cover work is among the best in SS.

He is. I got this one last year with a little help.

i-dBrbXgS-X2.jpg

Those are nice. What was Amanda and Larry charging for those type of sketches?

Amanda is a tough one. She normally does not sketch at conventions. Since this was a relatively small show and she had a charity she wanted to raise money for, she decided to do a few sketches for a good donation to her charity.

Larry and his wife Sharon are awesome people to work with. The only problem is that Larry doesn't attend many conventions that has CGC witnessing.. He tends to do small shows in New Mexico and he tends to shy away from sketching at cons. The best way to arrange for a sketch is contact Sharon thru his website and arrange for a commision that he can work on at home. Then try to pick up the sketch at one of the shows he does attend where CGC has a witness. It's quite a bit of work and takes time, but boy the results are worth it! His sketch fees are relatively affordable, ranging from $100-200.

Here are two that were done by Amanda Conner. She is such an amazing artist and a wonder person too. The Wonder Woman is mine and the Poison Ivy belongs to what believe is the luckiest comic collector in Albuquerque, NM! WOW what a sketch! FYI, he asked me to post NFS (sorry fellow collectors):

DSCF0026.jpg[/img]

Amanda is one of the most approachable creators I have ever met. Talking to her, it's like talking to an old friend you haven't seen for 10 years. Genuine class, through and through.

It seemed like she didn't have set prices for this con. I think she determined what to sketch based on how much the person requesting the sketch wanted to donate to a charitable cause the con organizers were promoting.

I saw her working on a silver haired Black Cat in a similar style to the Batgirl and Wonder Woman that were posted. If the owner is a boardie, please post it.

Somebody really should talk to Larry about a sketch opp. That would be awesome.

We have, but he has a ridiculously busy schedule. Because of his other commitments, it could take him several months to work on the books. The best way to get sketch work from Larry is to contact his lovely wife Sharon through thier website and pick up the sketch at one of his conventions appearances. It's tricky though, he doesn't attend many cons that has a CGC rep present (may be one or two a year).

Back cover of a Batman blank:

DSCF0012.jpg[/img]

Love this! Is it for sale?

yeah any of the sketches for sale? or possible future private opp you will arrange?

Most of these sketches went to collectors who have been waiting a long time to get a Larry Welz SS book. There might be a few that will pop up for sale, but not many of them.