• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official eBay Drank My Milkshake Thread

433 posts in this topic

Need some advise, I know this is the blocked users thread but I cannot find the Ebay drank my milkshake thread. So, as I said yesterday I got my first Item not as Described filed against me yesterday. Death of Wolverine Gamestop variant sent to buyer sandracaroz. Anyone who has bought from me knows I pack my books well to prevent damage during shipping. This buyer contacted me stating the bag and board came loose during shipping and there are creases along the spine. The pictures they sent me look like they tried to rip away the book from the cardboard without cutting the tape that secured it during shipping. I know for a fact that this buyer ordered two other gamestop editions from gamestop as they told me as much. To me this sounds like a case of buyers remorse and they had to damage the book to have a reason to recover their money. Am I completely screwed on this deal? For the record the person who has sent communication about the item is not the name the book was addressed to. They also threatened me with negative feedback unless I acquiesced to their demands.

The negative feedback threat works in your favor - if you get bad feedback - you can use this (the threat) to have it removed.

I would make sure that you have them take lots of pics of the book and add it to their case (they should be uploading all pics to the case) - that way ebay has the "evidence" -

if you can - make sure the images submitted are indeed the book you sent

If the bag/board slip or come loose from the support - then the typical damage is a "smooshed" corner (technical term) from an impact or drop - what you seem to be describing is a cross-bend (like from folding the book across the spine??) - get all that info in the claim - then call ebay - explain how obvious it is that the buyer damaged the book itself as the damage could not be caused by the issue they claimed - and that they are threatening the neg.

As far as the names go - if it is teh same ebay account - then not much you can do -

Need some advise, I know this is the blocked users thread but I cannot find the Ebay drank my milkshake thread. So, as I said yesterday I got my first Item not as Described filed against me yesterday. Death of Wolverine Gamestop variant sent to buyer sandracaroz. Anyone who has bought from me knows I pack my books well to prevent damage during shipping. This buyer contacted me stating the bag and board came loose during shipping and there are creases along the spine. The pictures they sent me look like they tried to rip away the book from the cardboard without cutting the tape that secured it during shipping. I know for a fact that this buyer ordered two other gamestop editions from gamestop as they told me as much. To me this sounds like a case of buyers remorse and they had to damage the book to have a reason to recover their money. Am I completely screwed on this deal? For the record the person who has sent communication about the item is not the name the book was addressed to. They also threatened me with negative feedback unless I acquiesced to their demands.

The negative feedback threat works in your favor - if you get bad feedback - you can use this (the threat) to have it removed.

I would make sure that you have them take lots of pics of the book and add it to their case (they should be uploading all pics to the case) - that way ebay has the "evidence" -

If the bag/board slip or come loose from the support - then the typical damage is a "smooshed" corner (technical term) from an impact or drop - what you seem to be describing is a cross-bend (like from folding the book across the spine??) - get all that info in the claim - then call ebay - explain how obvious it is that the buyer damaged the book itself as the damage could not be caused by the issue they claimed - and that they are threatening the neg.

As far as the names go - if it is teh same ebay account - then not much you can do -

They have not sent a single pic through ebay, and I've asked on multiple occasions.

They have not sent a single pic through ebay, and I've asked on multiple occasions.

They are going to send you the copy they don't want to keep. If you kept scans, compare the books when you get them.

They are going to send you the copy they don't want to keep. If you kept scans, compare the books when you get them.

Spoke with Ebay customer care and they suggested uploading the emails to my case. I can find no instructions on Ebay, and the case appears to only accept photos.

Ok I never leave negs on ebay but this has got me pretty irritated

Seller waited 14 days to ship item. Still havent got it. Has ignored all my queries. Opened a case item not received and he merely replied item was shipped. Ignored further questions.

Hasnt left me FB even tho i paid immediately.

All I want is some explanation or apology-he seems like he wants to get a neg.

Would you neg him?

Seller waited 14 days to ship item. Still havent got it. Has ignored all my queries. Opened a case item not received and he merely replied item was shipped. Ignored further questions.

Would you neg him?

I'd probably neutral and hit his shipping settings. Unless he just flat doesn't send you anything. I usually reserve negative for outright scams, etc. Incredibly poor customer service deserves a neutral to warn other Ebayers that there could be a potential shipping problem with their order. 2c

Thx Balls I'll do that

If I had seen a couple of those, I would have shopped elsewhere. He had one for similar maybe 2 he'll get the msg.

Went to this auction... saw the comments between the bidders and the seller. Lol'd at these remarks by the bidders lol Pure sarcasm in its finest. (:

Went to this auction... saw the comments between the bidders and the seller. Lol'd at these remarks by the bidders lol Pure sarcasm in its finest. (:

decided to quote here for posterity

Question & Answer Answered On

Q: I know what College costs go, I put my namesake thru WVU for Medicine. Anyways, love the listing, if you do good on this, I'd like you to consider selling some Swamp Land I inherited on consignment(: Good Luck Bud! Oct-11-14

A: Thanks. If it doesn't sell I might consider a partial trade for cash and swampland

Q: Hi, I have a an original staple from a copy of detective comics 27 and was wondering if you were interested in a trade? Im afraid I don't have a modern copy of the comic though. The minimum price was £3 and the staples looked different. Oct-08-14

A: Thanks for the offer but, unfortunately, it's not as easy to verify that a staple is from a particular book. If you happen to get it certified and it comes back unrestored, let me know.

Q: This is not an origional copy due to the fact it is missing several distincitive characters on the cover. The running board is not yellow as in the origional, their are not the orange colored rocks at the bumper of the car and the man in the foreground does not have the 2 beads so sweat on the right side of his head also it does not have the white highlights on the front bumper of the car. I realize you are not asking a million for it but I think your buyers should be aware of the differences. Buyer beware Oct-01-14

A: Thanks for the information about the additional complete book that comes with the clipped original piece. I was hoping that the words saying that it's a "modern reprint" would enable anyone to know it's not original. But the added details are very interesting. Incidentally, the reprint is signed by Superman co-creator Jerry Siegel. And rest assured that after a buyer agrees to the "buy now" price, every effort will be made to provide all essential details to the buyer (as well as to any legal or medical professionals responsible for them)

Q: personally i think you should ask for $ 500,000.00 why so cheap??????? Sep-29-14

A: I was going to price it at 3.2 million, but made a typo.

Q: If I buy this, as a bonus can I also have a brittle little corner piece of one of the interior pages? Sep-28-14

A: That can be arranged, for the right price.

Q: Is this a first print Sep-26-14

A: The "No. 1" is from the first print in 1938. It was cut from a collection of cut-up pieces of the first Action and Superman comics. Restoration experts tell me the bent corner could be corrected, with pressing.

Would you neg him?

I'd probably neutral and hit his shipping settings. Unless he just flat doesn't send you anything. I usually reserve negative for outright scams, etc. Incredibly poor customer service deserves a neutral to warn other Ebayers that there could be a potential shipping problem with their order. 2c

I try to never give out negatives, too. Neutrals at worst. Unless they attempt thievery, as you mention. Doesn't ebay keep track of people who hand out negatives freely?

I have run across a few people who have used this scam. They buy your high grade and then claim not as described and if you refund their money to get item back they send you their under copy. Classless people.