• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1st Silver Samurai posted by B. Koski

10 posts in this topic

Just checked the census on this issue, and by my surprise...

There's not many graded. Especially in high grade..I'm a little surprised. I guess it's not a huge 1st, but if there is a collector out there looking for mutant villains 1st app, this would be a huge one. And now with the new wolverine movie coming out this Summer, I'm curious if we'll see more graded. A couple year's back I remember when Surfer99 showing and talking about this issue and how significant it was, and I was just blown away by the cover. And now with the movie coming out and the fact there's not many graded, I'll be keeping an eye on this book.

12879.jpg

See more journals by B. Koski

And from my favorite title too, but my favorite Silver Samurai cover by far is New Mutants #6. I remember when I first saw it, I was amazed at the cover. It was the first one where the characters on the cover messed up the logo that I ever purchased.

Tnerb

Hey B, yeah I agree. I would think there'd be more graded. When I picked up my copy in Sept 2011 there were only 50 copies graded. Now there are still just 66. Im sure as the movie gets closer we'll see more graded. Lovin the X-Villain appearance! Browsed your collection too, you've got some fantastic books in there!!

sig.jpg

I don't know if I hate you or appreciate you, but because of your post and all of the comments I went out and got both this one which was amazing as well as Issue 2 of Wolverine CGC 9.8. I may have paid more than I thought I was for this one but it is one of those characters that was always cool to read in my old favorite series.

Great Post and keep it coming.

Love this cover. I have a nice copy with deep color that I keep thinking I should sell. But every time I pick it up and look at it, I get absorbed into the cover and don't want to sell it. So back it goes...

I'll sell the beater without the stamp :grin:

Great book, sir.